What's new

ATT WiFi Calling

fmirzamd

Reaction score
ATT has finally turned on the WiFi calling
Ipic.PNG

I did a Google search specifically for wifi calling using ATT on my iPhone 5S. I have IOS 9.0.2 and according to CNET I should be able to use it. There was no mention of any difference between iPhone 5 and 6, only that you require IOS 9.

I attempted to set it up but hit a dead-end after I had gone to settings>phone. There was no option to select wifi calling or anything beyond that point.

I assume this means that iPhone 6 is required. Does anyone know anything different regarding this?

I thought it was for the 6 and 6 plus and the 6s and 6 s plus. I think only Sprint has it for the 5 S but maybe they don't either.

I thought it was for the 6 and 6 plus and the 6s and 6 s plus. I think only Sprint has it for the 5 S but maybe they don't either.

Evidently you're right. I re-visited the CNET article today and I must've mis-read it. Either that or they've re-written it, which is pretty unlikely. Anyway, it now specifies the model 6's which I didn't see before.

Thanks for pointing that out....

Sorry it works out that way. I remember AT&T and Verizon saying it wasn't that important for them due to their coverage but assumed that was mostly gamesmanship. Of course the only places I could have used it, lately, was at Lucas Oil Stadium where supposedly they have enhanced their signal. I couldn't get online, too slow and bogged down. Starting to think I have something set wrong but not sure what.