What's new

Atomic Industries is a Supporting Vendor!

I have done a bit more testing and my results are conclusive almost across the board.

Atomic Case with my fix: is only reading 2-4dB less than with out a case on the phone at all.

Atomic Case w/o any fix: 10-20dB lower reading than w/o a case

Standard Apple Bumper: 2dB or so less than w/o a case

Griffin Graphite Case: 2-3dB less than w/o a case.

This has been across the board, on my Micro Cell, on Edge, and on 3G. There have only been 2 instances when I was in practically a bunker of a building that I had ZERO service with the Atomic case on, and a hint of service with either No case, or the apple bumper installed. However buildings do crazy things, and where I was located was on a Edge network, in the basement of the library at my college in the computer center. Sooo I am assuming it may be the computers adding to the problem.

Next I am going to try 3-4 layers of automotive clear coat on the inside and outside of the case. This may be just enough to fix the issue as well. I know Atomic is going to try something similar with an Aerospace technology finish. If this works out it will ensure there is never a problem again.

Just another update. Things are still working well with the case. Finish is holding up well tossing it in my picket, in my bookbag, center dash of the car, and around my workshop. Reception issues seem to be fixed. I think we have a real winner with this one.

The carbon fiber back is also holding up nicely! Zero scratches on it. And believe me I tried.

So I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm new to this forum and looking for some assistance. Like some others that have posted, I placed an order for this case under the pretense that they were ready for shipment. After not seeing anything change in my order status, I sent the company two or three calm and collected emails asking about status and some some general functionality questions regarding the case. Each time redding the automated response stating they strive to answer all emails within 24 hrs. It wasn't until my last email that I became heated. Then and only then did I see some type of progress. I did not receive any reply, however they found time to update the web store to state they would need 3 days handling time for each order. I have surpassed my handling time, and have not received any notifications or replies. I truly apologize for the length of this post, but felt the need to explain the situation before asking those who have received customer service what I am doing incorrectly. Please help, as I'm starting to believe this is turning into element jr. Thanks in advance to anyone who might have some answers for me!

So I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm new to this forum and looking for some assistance. Like some others that have posted, I placed an order for this case under the pretense that they were ready for shipment. After not seeing anything change in my order status, I sent the company two or three calm and collected emails asking about status and some some general functionality questions regarding the case. Each time redding the automated response stating they strive to answer all emails within 24 hrs. It wasn't until my last email that I became heated. Then and only then did I see some type of progress. I did not receive any reply, however they found time to update the web store to state they would need 3 days handling time for each order. I have surpassed my handling time, and have not received any notifications or replies. I truly apologize for the length of this post, but felt the need to explain the situation before asking those who have received customer service what I am doing incorrectly. Please help, as I'm starting to believe this is turning into element jr. Thanks in advance to anyone who might have some answers for me!

You are not the first to say that they have emailed us with no response. This does not make sense. We are glued to emails and respond rather promptly. The correct email is [email protected] Not sure what is going on with this but would like to know!

Second, yes the handling time is now needed due to the world wide orders taking place. It is quite overwhelming, yet a problem we want to have. We are doing the best we can.

Regarding orders in the 1100's and up, many have been pulled off to get the liner installed or at least awaiting the liners to ship with the unit. We expect to have this ready on Mon/Tues next week followed up with shipping around then. I jotted your order # from your PM to me as a priority to emial you once shipped. If you have any questions or concerns, continue to email sales@atomiciphonecase or PM me for a phone number for live contact.

James@Atomic

Those are one SICK looking cases!
Any deals for the forum? :D

This ^^

And what is the difference between your cases and the Vapor cases from elementcases?

ElementCASE

We precision engineered our case not to require rubber linings or bulky sponges that may or may not work. We have a thinner side wall, lower profile, and smaller windows designed around customer feed back for stealthier look. Our logo is tastefully placed, and not over done. Ours is lighter using 7075 grade aluminum.

From what we've been reading, another huge difference is that we have available for NEXT DAY delivery, customer service that will respond promptly, easy online purchasing, and our carbon fiber texture plate is reusable. Due to our efficient manufacturing, we are passing on production savings to the customers at an introductory $69.99

Regarding overseas, I would suggest USPS mail instead of fedex, as thats much cheaper. I would also suggest a group buy. If you can get 10 more people who want the case, we will cover the shipping as incentive to you.

James@ Atomic

sorry i am too lazy to read the whole thread, the cases that you selling are they better then original apple bumpers as far as antenna issue goes? I have found that the free cases that apple offers dont quiet help with the antenna issue.

With the new isolator they are installing and a few other things in the pipeline yes. They will be as good or better than some of the apple cases. My prototype isolator is working out awesome! I couldn't be happier. In fact I was getting signal yesterday in places I normally do not get any.

As far as the wait time, I know anyone who has ordered in the last week is a bit delayed because as Atomic stated they are making the inserts to take care of the signal issue. Trust me it will be worth the wait!

Order placed!
I hope they have fixed the antenn problem/isolation problem.
I did take a Blue/Black case.

I didn´t have the time to wait on my preorder on elementcase. So I hope Atomic fix what the say.

// Daniel

Well don't be surprised if your 3 day processing turns into two weeks. I still haven't received my case. The story went from available for next day shipping to 3 day processing to "it will ship monday" (8 days after order) to "it will ship wednesday" (10 days) to "it was in our office but we missed fedex, it will ship tomorrow, friday" 12 days.

To be honest I don't know why any of you are placing new orders until the updated case design has been released and reviewed. As far as i'm aware the new designs won't be shipping until next week.

It's now been over a month since I paid for my case, took over 2 weeks to arrive and for the last 2 weeks it's just been sat on my shelf because it doesn't work. So the wait goes on, and on....

I've been told a new one will ship from the new batch to me on Tuesday.

Can't you just keep your vinyl band wraps on? That's what I did with the vapor...so the band & case don't touch.

:ios4:
Can't you just keep your vinyl band wraps on? That's what I did with the vapor...so the band & case don't touch.

I never took my vinyl wraps off from the sides and still it killed my 3G connection and wifi. I never really experienced much signal loss, perhaps a bar. It was the fact that my phone could no longer get a G, 3G or hold my wifi connection with the case on. And that was with the overlay bands still on.

I'm interested to see how the new design fairs. I'm not sure if they have lined these new cases with anything. It just seems they have cut a 'vent' out from the sides now. So essentially were now getting less case for our money. And it would also explain why/how they are advertising the new design as 'lighter then before'. Lol, I hope there's an improvement I really do. I've never wasted so much time trying to sort out one thing.

I also think that this forum should review/test products before it just allows companies to become supporting vendors. A fair few users from here have splashed out their hard earned cash on a product that to begin with, didn't do what it was sold as doing. And for all we know the new design may fair no better. People come here and use the companies associated with the site because they feel safe using them. I know for a fact I would of saved my money and time if I knew then what I do now. Still I haven't given up completely yet.

I've actually kept the carbon fibre back on which is really really nice and strong, scratch proof. And I've just put the standard black apple bumper on. You know what, it's really nice. Keeps the form still very slim and looks pretty nice as well.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a problem with the company.. We all know how popular these cases are and it's hard to fill all orders asap especially dealing with the signal issues. :)

i received mine in the uk today have to say disappointed

1 Sent wrong colour
2 sent texture plate with no apple logo as order
3 barley get a signal when fitted did e-mail few days back told no inlay will be sent with my order and where did i live when i told them nothing no reply.
Sorry to say looks like a good way to make a living ill not bother with this company again.

i now have to eat some humble pie Unni has got back to me regarding my problems with the case and i hope it will get resolved, i think a jerk reaction from myself has been a bit unfair on this company.

It's just problem after problem with this company so far.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but no one should be buying these cases until the new design has been sent out and us, the users can test it and report back.

I was promised a new case to be sent to me today, if it's as poor as the first I will simply report the company to trading standards.