What's new

AT&T gets 4.3 firmware 3/11/11 but not Verizon?

Nick021

Reaction score
So apple is pushing 4.3 to AT&T iPhone devices but not to Verizon ... If and when do you think well see the update???

i got no issue with 4.2.6

it works fine for me. what changes are there in 4.3 and has jailbreak been released for 4.3

My bad! Guess I should've hit the search on this topic and not be a newb lol..

I haven't seen or read anything that states only att is getting 4.3

"iTunes 10.2 is immediately available for download. You can download iOS 4.3 onto your iPad, the GSM iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and the third- and fourth-generation iPod touch on March 11"

where is the love?

iTunes 10.2 Debuts in Advance of iPad 2, iOS 4.3 Launch | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

The main reason for the 4.3 upgrade for the GSM phones are the Hotspot option that they currently don't have on the version they are on.

Is multi-touch gestures in 4.3? I know the ipad has it, but i'd like to use it on my iphone. Safari speed increases with java are also a plus. Hope we vzw users get it soon.

Multi-touch is not even in the iPad 4.3. They some how stripped it out before releasing I guess. I loaded 4.3 on my iPad last night and it's not there.

You guys think gestures will make it to cydia?

Last edited:
This is PURE SPECULATION on my part... and maybe a lot of wishful thinking... but Verizon recently performed a Software update to their infastructure that allows their CDMA Netowrk simultaneous data and voice capability to their 3G network. I HOPE that the delay in 4.3 update means they are working to incorporate those capabilities to the CDMA iPhone.

The HTC Thunderbolt will be the first phone that can utilize Talk and Data on 3G as well as 4G, so I HOPE that apple can manage to find a way to get this into iPhone.

This is my speculation/hope on the matter.