What's new

Are Iphones still cool?

zipur

Reaction score
The HTC president Martin Fitcher said
“I brought my daughter back to college — she’s down in Portland at Reed — and I talked to a few of the kids on her floor. And none of them has an because they told me: ‘My dad has an iPhone.’ There’s an interesting thing that’s going on in the market. The iPhone becomes a little less cool than it was. They were carrying HTCs. They were carrying Samsungs. They were even carrying some Chinese manufacture’s devices. If you look at a college campus, Book Airs are cool. iPhones are not that cool anymore. We here are using iPhones, but our kids don’t find them that cool anymore.”

Do you think this is true? Have I become un-cool for having an Iphone? Will I be even less cool with my flashy new Iphone 5. Will having white earbuds make people look down on you?
I could care less because I know my device just plain works! And if I can get my kid a cheaper non-apple phone all the better. How about you?

zipur said:
The HTC president Martin Fitcher said
“I brought my daughter back to college — she’s down in Portland at Reed — and I talked to a few of the kids on her floor. And none of them has an because they told me: ‘My dad has an iPhone.’ There’s an interesting thing that’s going on in the market. The iPhone becomes a little less cool than it was. They were carrying HTCs. They were carrying Samsungs. They were even carrying some Chinese manufacture’s devices. If you look at a college campus, Book Airs are cool. iPhones are not that cool anymore. We here are using iPhones, but our kids don’t find them that cool anymore.”

Do you think this is true? Have I become un-cool for having an Iphone? Will I be even less cool with my flashy new Iphone 5. Will having white earbuds make people look down on you?
I could care less because I know my device just plain works! And if I can get my kid a cheaper non-apple phone all the better. How about you?

Coming from the HTC president himself? Then no. lol! I've never seen anyone camp overnight for one of their products!

Children go thru three stages in life. From birth to teen, they are wonderful and consider you their hero. From teen to young adult, you can't be more wrong in their eyes about the world around them. From young adult on, they realize their parents had the right idea they simply didn't understand the view point until they became adults themselves.

So yes, kids going to college are going to frown upon what their parents use. It has been the nature of things for thousands of years.

With a phone, one should worry about its functionality and not whether or not it is "cool". That is the type of attitude that breeds fanboyism. I like my iPhone, not because it is (or isn't) cool; rather because it does what I need a phone to do; and does it very nicely. I am a gamer, so it is a good platform for me because it excels at gaming.

iPhone is cool? I don't know because EVERYBODY has a different meanings for cool. However is a solid OS and is reliable? Yes very much so.

The whole concept of worrying about things being cool is for kids and ppl who overthink things. The iPhone is solid well built good parts not cheap crap put in most phones which makes them a better value and device all at the same time.

I think this is honestly a joke I phones are awesome Htc is completely wrong I use to use Htc all the time before I got my iPhone and I always thought android was the best but now I realize I would not go with out a iPhone who cares if the Htc president thinks IPhones are not cool because he sure is not cool

If iphones are no longer cool, then someone has forgotten to inform the students at Florida State University. My office is on campus in one of the larger colleges and I see iphones, along with ipads and mackbooks, probably 2:1 over any other device. This is nothing but slick propaganda from the president of a competing manufacturer.

I wonder what the htc president thought when he seen Steve jobs walk across the stage with a new concept. A concept that would shape his and many other companies. I don't care what some people think. I hold a superb device and I'll continue to use it cool or uncool. The joke is creating 4 different mytouches and can't seem to get neither one right.

iCrank said:
I wonder what the htc president thought when he seen Steve jobs walk across the stage with a new concept. A concept that would shape his and many other companies. I don't care what some people think. I hold a superb device and I'll continue to use it cool or uncool. The joke is creating 4 different mytouches and can't seem to get neither one right.

So true I owned an htc hd7 for not to long ago now my girlfriends phone but the point is all the apps were crap none really worked properly and the battery life was crap after owning that I can say apples iPhone is far superior to htc on any given day

Yes android is kicking some *edited* with big amoled screens kids are digging that stuff... Yet you'll see a few iPhone kids too mix in just like anywhere!!
I do like android second after iPhones but after a few months of use they really get rusty....too many diff phones with android systems is why they are overrun on campuses and personally I don't think (((cool)))lol has anything to do with it. I know my cool teen miss popular herself wants a plain texting inthe side qwerty phone....to each their own;)
I am betting it'll be android vs iPhones holding most phones than Bb symb phones windows phone holding the end of the market. I'm glad keeps the market open for competition.

njshoremom4gurlz said:
Yes android is kicking some *edited* with big amoled screens kids are digging that stuff... Yet you'll see a few iPhone kids too mix in just like anywhere!!
I do like android second after iPhones but after a few months of use they really get rusty....too many diff phones with android systems is why they are overrun on campuses and personally I don't think (((cool)))lol has anything to do with it. I know my cool teen miss popular herself wants a plain texting inthe side qwerty phone....to each their own;)
I am betting it'll be android vs iPhones holding most phones than Bb symb phones windows phone holding the end of the market. I'm glad keeps the market open for competition.

No profanity.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-rules-please-read-3711/

The iPhones are way "cooler" than the throngs of other smartphones. Why is there only a few iPhone models and dozens of all the others? Yet iPhones are still hugely popular?