What's new

Apples new build 9B208 on iOS 5.1.1!

Matrixnubee

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Absinthe 2.0.1 untethered jailbreak will work on Apples new build 9B208 on the iPhone 4?

I apologize if this has already been covered, it's been a while since I've been on here :p

Anyways I kinda wanna update my iPhone from 5.0.1 to the new 5.1.1 and then re-jailbreak it with the new absinthe but the new build release I wanna make sure the JB will still work. Anyone have any insight on this? I'll wait if need be to be safe.

Matrixnubee said:
Does anyone know if Absinthe 2.0.1 untethered jailbreak will work on Apples new build 9B208 on the iPhone 4?

I apologize if this has already been covered, it's been a while since I've been on here :p

Anyways I kinda wanna update my iPhone from 5.0.1 to the new 5.1.1 and then re-jailbreak it with the new absinthe but the new build release I wanna make sure the JB will still work. Anyone have any insight on this? I'll wait if need be to be safe.

Doubt it if it will work. Somebody will try it before the weekend is done. If its an update it could/should stop u from jailbreaking it

No, Absinthe will not work on that build, they have to add support for it before it will work. If you try it now you would get an error stating that the firmware was not supported.

^ thanks for the reply!

Yeah so I saw on another thread that this issue has been brought up.

They're saying that we should try and DL the iOS 5.1.1 build 9B206 firmware and jailbreak that.

Does anyone know if this is still possible using the hold shift + press restore method and then choosing the appropriate firmware file?

Thanks for any responses!