What's new

Apple Watch magnetic charger and airports

Col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
just curious has any one had issues at international and domestic airports when taking Apple Watch charger in hand baggage ? Being magnetic does it need to be declared ? Thanks Colin

just curious has any one had issues at international and domestic airports when taking Apple Watch charger in hand baggage ? Being magnetic does it need to be declared ? Thanks Colin
I've travelled recently by air in the U.S. And Canada, with my Apple Watch charger in my carry on bag and was not asked about the charger. I wouldn't think there would be a problem, though. After all, lots of people travel with their MacBooks and MagSafe chargers with no problem. There's also the iPad, with its magnetically attached Smart Cover and the magnetic sleep/wake switch.

Just verifying that rules have not changed thanks mate. Heading for Philippines and hong Kong for a month. [emoji574]️

I wouldn't know about official rules, but I wasn't hassled. Regulations may be different in Australia, the Philippines, and Hong Kong. It may be helpful to contact the airline for their official policy. Airline websites are usually overflowing with info on what you can't have in checked and carry on bags.

Meeting Malou's family for first time in Bacolod. Also huge festival on at same time. I will upload Picts of the Apple stores in Hong Kong late October

Meeting Malou's family for first time in Bacolod. Also huge festival on at same time. I will upload Picts of the Apple stores in Hong Kong late October
Sounds fantastic, Just what you both need after the last few months.

That's wonderful to be finally meeting Malou's family. I hope you have a great trip.