What's new

Apple Home.

GrayG

Reaction score
New issue, nothing directly related to a phone issue, But i have various smart devices, cameras etc. I wondered how and if theres an easy guide to follow to be able to add my cctv to the home app, or indeed my tv or anything else supported, tried doing it but got nowhere, only seems to give options to either scan a device qr code or hold the device near it if supported, getting nowhere fast, im checked and as well as the usual Alexa and stuff my cameras are supported by Home.

Is this what you mean: Home app
Yes. I managed to make some shortcuts and add the commands to siri through the light bulb apps themselves, but how to add into home app i cant figure, it wants to scan a barcode but none of mine have a barcode on them and dont do anything when i hold the phone near.

Did you follow the instructions in the link? I am not sure they let you do it any way but the way they have on their instructions. Do they lights work using the Hub they require you to set up first?
I know they keep adding things that work with HomeKit, are your lightbulbs here:Home app - Accessories.

Did you follow the instructions in the link? I am not sure they let you do it any way but the way they have on their instructions. Do they lights work using the Hub they require you to set up first?
I know they keep adding things that work with HomeKit, are your lightbulbs here:Home app - Accessories.
Hi and thankyou. Well it appears most lights ive seen to buy are for siri, which isnt quite the same as Home, B&M sell Energizer ones for a fiver that say they work with Siri, i bought it to try and indeed siri can turn it on and off, ive also since managed to get my Tuya smart life bulbs working with siri. Its worth Noting that Homekit and siri, although linked are clearly 2 seperate entities when it comes to setting things up, I have a Sony Google tv and i added that to homekit very easily through Airplay, and a QR code was generated on screen for the home app to scan. My wifi cameras have QR codes for setting up, tho im not about to reset my cameras just to add them when there would be no real purpose anyway to add them to apple home. Its been a learning curve, ive been on android and my Alexa for so long it was a transition, but i will eventually replace all my WIFI bulbs with Homekit approved ones and will replace Alexa with a Homepod.
Thankyou for sharing that list, it will be useful to find the bulbs that will work :)

Save the link
Hi and thankyou. Well it appears most lights ive seen to buy are for siri, which isnt quite the same as Home, B&M sell Energizer ones for a fiver that say they work with Siri, i bought it to try and indeed siri can turn it on and off, ive also since managed to get my Tuya smart life bulbs working with siri. Its worth Noting that Homekit and siri, although linked are clearly 2 seperate entities when it comes to setting things up, I have a Sony Google tv and i added that to homekit very easily through Airplay, and a QR code was generated on screen for the home app to scan. My wifi cameras have QR codes for setting up, tho im not about to reset my cameras just to add them when there would be no real purpose anyway to add them to apple home. Its been a learning curve, ive been on android and my Alexa for so long it was a transition, but i will eventually replace all my WIFI bulbs with Homekit approved ones and will replace Alexa with a Homepod.
Thankyou for sharing that list, it will be useful to find the bulbs that will work.
Save the link, they keep adding to it. But yes, my first post was trying to direct you to follow Apple’s instructions and that is what I sent in that first post-it was also a link. There is no shortcut thru using Siri instead. Siri will work with the Homekit Hub but with Apple you must follow the process And in this case that means go through the hub.