What's new

Apple confirms battery issues for some iPhone 5s owners

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$iphone-5s-features-20130910.jpg

A few iPhone 5s owners have been experiencing battery problems with their new smartphones, seeing shorter battery life than what Apple has promised in its advertisements. Even if it is affecting a small number of iPhone 5s handsets, Apple has reached out to the New York Times on Tuesday, confirming the issues which were apparently caused by a manufacturing error.

Apple spokesperson Teresa Brewer said:

"We recently discovered a manufacturing issue affecting a very limited number of iPhone 5S devices that could cause the battery to take longer to charge or result in reduced battery life. We are reaching out to customers with affected phones and will provide them with a replacement phone."

Apple didn’t mention exactly how many iPhone 5s units were affected, but those that did will get replaced with a brand new iPhone 5s.

Source: New York Times

But how do I find out if my 5s' battery is bad/affected with the issue? Any help?

From what I read this morning it sounds like they know which owners have the affected phones and are contacting them by phone. That's how few are affected.

It will be based on a serial number batch which apple can track. Most likely it will be isolated to one country only.