What's new

Apple car play

J~R

Reaction score
Is it possible to watch videos using apple CarPlay Vw polo?

You can listen to messages, make phone calls, get directions via Maps, listen to music, or use other apps where you can listen, but watching videos is not a feature of CarPlay:
iOS - CarPlay

I was wondering the same thing and my research leads me to this company called navtool. EDITED makes video interfaces that extend your apple carplay capabilities to full mirroring and allow to mirror any app to car screen, same as apple tv

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite possibly why Apple is locking down CarPlay even further, shortly.

The last thing Apple wants is for drivers to be able to watch videos on the cars navigation screen. There are enough distractions already.

Yep, if you notice, all DVD players for vehicles won't let you watch a video unless you have the brakes on and are in park or you add a switch to the wires that control the screen and bypass the "safety feature", which is meant to be there to keep people from being distracted by watching videos in their car. Many states this is the law and hey don't play about it!! Don't get caught with the tv playing and not paying attention to the road. They will write a nice ticket for doing so!! But yes, I agree 110% with the above posters, that this is why Apple is licking things down more. They have to by law more so than choice. But even then it's a bad idea. JMHO's. But to each their own. Good Day To All.

And when I say for vehicles, I mean car cd/DVD/radio/xm radio/apps, and so forth car stereo head units as far as the equipment is concerned.

Iacas please tell me more....

You’ll likely also find that watching videos on the navigation screen while driving is illegal in most places.

Last edited: