What's new

Apple and Big Fish Games start partnership

wicked

Reaction score

Big-Fish.jpg

Big Gish Games, a Seattle-based puzzle games company has just signed a deal with Apple in order to exercise a subscription plan that grants game enthusiasts the possibility to access dozen of titles for $6.99 a month through a single iPad app.

Apple didn’t fully embrace the idea and investigated why a monthly fee was necessary for things to get rolling. The answer came from Paul Thelen, founder of Big Fish Games, who explained that the popularity of the iPad combined with the ease of use of Apple’s App Store, would most surely attract costumers.

Big Fish is trying to start slowly, by providing a free ad-supported library of games for thirty minutes per day. If users get addicted to playing games on the iPad and want more, they can sign up for full access for an initial cost of $4.99 per month. The $6.99 per month fee will installed next year when Big Fish will add more games to the list. Apple will not walk empty handed from this partnership since 30% of commission and subscription sales will go into its very large pockets. There are rumors saying that the company plans to expand to Android as well, sometime next year.

Big Fish Games was founded back in 2002, and generated $140 million in sales last year. The company came up with the idea of offering subscription game services for the iPad allowing users to use the games they wanted without making several downloads. So be ready to play the all popular Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector’s Edition or Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove on your iPad right now!

Source: TiPb

Oh wow this is wonderful, seems a nice game, i think I need to give it a try, lets see how it will do on my scale!