What's new

Apple Accessories

Reaction score
I didn’t see a designated place to post about accessories, so I’l post it here. I need a new power supply since my old one unfortunately has the USB port on top of the power supply and the bend my cable is causing it to crack or fray. So I want one with the USB port in the front side so it doesn’t wear my cable out quicker. It would be nice if it had a foldable plug, but doesn’t have to be. Anyone know of one with the USB port on the front middle/side with a foldable plug?

351184FE-7733-439D-808E-C91B34DBEED0.jpeg
This is the strain that the USB port on the top of my power supply causes.

You could try using a multi-sided adaptor in the socket. You could then plug the charger in the appropriate side of the adaptor to eliminate any kinks in the cable.

I didn’t get a charger with my device. The plastic case is way too small to fit a charger in it. Are you happy with the charger that Apple makes?

I didn’t get a charger with my device. The plastic case is way too small to fit a charger in it. Are you happy with the charger that Apple makes?
Did you buy your iPhone with its original box? Every iPhone is sold new with a 5W charger. There are certified third party iPhone chargers made by companies such as Belkin which are less expensive than a genuine Apple charger.

I don’t use the charger that came with my various iPhones over the years, I’ve always used the same charger I use for my iPads. This is perfectly safe and means fewer chargers to carry with you when travelling.

I don’t have a phone. I have a different Apple device, but it uses the same cable and charger. I saw a cheap Apple made wall charger on eBay that doesn’t have a foldable plug I like, but it does have the USB port in a better spot that shouldn’t strain my cable. So which charger are you using for your iPod? Don’t the Apple made Chargers retail for $20?

I don’t have a phone. I have a different Apple device, but it uses the same cable and charger. I saw a cheap Apple made wall charger on eBay that doesn’t have a foldable plug I like, but it does have the USB port in a better spot that shouldn’t strain my cable. So which charger are you using for your iPod? Don’t the Apple made Chargers retail for $20?
You must have an iPod, then. If you’re not charging it from a USB socket on your computer, you can use an iPhone charger or an iPad charger. Since yours doesn’t have a folding plug, it would be the smaller 5w iPhone charger.
When charging one of my iPods I generally use my iPad charger or the USB socket on my computer.

Yeah, that’s what I got. I already have another phone, so I don’t see the point of an iPhone that will cost hundreds. I was looking to get the 5W charger, but bad reviews have made me change my mind. I don’t have a computer, so that is out. I found a charger on Amazon that I like with very good reviews.

I have another question about another accessory. Do I need to start a new thread or post it here?

Yeah, that’s what I got. I already have another phone, so I don’t see the point of an iPhone that will cost hundreds. I was looking to get the 5W charger, but bad reviews have made me change my mind. I don’t have a computer, so that is out. I found a charger on Amazon that I like with very good reviews.

I have another question about another accessory. Do I need to start a new thread or post it here?
Each different topic should be in its own thread unless the title of the thread is general enough to cover multiple topics, like this thread about Apple accessories.

Just be careful buying plugs and cables that don’t have the logo that says made for ipod, iPhone, iPad. Some of those plugs and cables won’t work with the phone. You’ll get a message saying the device is incompatible with the device you are trying to charge with it. Not saying the one you got will do this. But it is prone to if it doesn’t have the approval logo for Apple somewhere on the package. Just my experience with buying cables and plugs. Have a good one.

Thanks for the heads up. But a review I read said they charge iPhone, iPad, and iPod, so I trust it. I figured the seller intentionally left my device out of the listing heading because they knew the if they put phones in the listing it would get more clicks. The Apple charger I wanted had several bad reviews, so I bypassed it. I do see your point though. I have bought several cables not made by Apple that weren’t very reliable. The braided ones I liked only charged for a month before my device wouldn’t recognize it anymore. Now I only buy cables that have Apple on the packaging.

Reactions: 933
Thanks for the heads up. But a review I read said they charge iPhone, iPad, and iPod, so I trust it. I figured the seller intentionally left my device out of the listing heading because they knew the if they put phones in the listing it would get more clicks. The Apple charger I wanted had several bad reviews, so I bypassed it. I do see your point though. I have bought several cables not made by Apple that weren’t very reliable. The braided ones I liked only charged for a month before my device wouldn’t recognize it anymore. Now I only buy cables that have Apple on the packaging.
Apple is not known for bad quality chargers. Many people say they’re too expensive but few complain about poor quality.