What's new

APP to track Data Usage from my Data Plan !

augustya

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a App which can help me find out and track how much data of my data plan that I have used so far, so I dont go overboard, beyond my limit from the data plan that I have subscribed for with my Network carrier.

I tried using Onavo but it doesnt give you a proper information. So am looking out for something else.

You can also look at it in the settings and go to general i believe.

No, you do not need to be jail broken to use it!!!
It is in the App store so you can check it out ASAP !!!!!

No, you do not need to be jail broken to use it!!!
It is in the App store so you can check it out ASAP !!!!!

Ok I have downloaded this APP and I went thru the initial setup and everything and now it is showing me this, it is showing 8 on top of its icon what does it mean also quite a few of the Apps that I have on my phone are now showing waiting as if they were getting installed or getting updated but how come all the Apps are showing waiting at the same time I am sure something has gone wrong here.

I am sure only after installing this, this has happened.

Ok I have downloaded this APP and I went thru the initial setup and everything and now it is showing me this, it is showing 8 on top of its icon what does it mean also quite a few of the Apps that I have on my phone are now showing waiting as if they were getting installed or getting updated but how come all the Apps are showing waiting at the same time I am sure something has gone wrong here.

I am sure only after installing this, this has happened.

You must go into the Data Usage's settings and configure EVERYTHING to your needs. The number badge on icon is
A percentage of usage to alert you.

You must go into the Data Usage's settings and configure EVERYTHING to your needs. The number badge on icon is
A percentage of usage to alert you.

Oh I noticed one thing when I go in settings>Application Badge>No badge the number 8 on the icon diss appears, so what does it mean I haves used 8% is it ? But then what about couple of my APPS are showing waiting in the progress when they were successfully installed and running perfectly fine now they are showing waiting and are not working, I don't understand waiting for what? When I have not updated them

Last edited:
Sounds like your apps are simply updating. However this should only take a moment over WIFI. Maybe you should
Shut down & restart iPhone.

I would also recommend going to the app's website for help with settings. It is too detailed for me to undertake here.

I purchased Data Usage Pro but I think there's a pretty big problem with it.

You HAVE to remember to run Data Usage EACH time BEFORE AND AFTER you power down or reboot your iPhone or the values are invalid.

I know we don't often fully power down or reboot our iPhones but Data Usage calculates the usage on a monthly basis (usual billing cycle).

After I purchased and installed Data Usage Pro it was running for a couple of weeks when I decided to reboot my iPhone. Data Usage was not the first thing I thought of so I did not run it before fully turning off my iPhone, nor did I run it again as soon as I turned my iPhone back on a minute or two later! A week or so later when I next ran Data Usage it asked me to enter my data usage. So much for it keeping valid data of my data usage!

I have given up using Data Usage because of this rebooting-restarting limitation. I can well understand that this is not the author's fault but a limit imposed by Apple's API and their walled-garden approach but it really does limit Data Usages usefulness and the validity of its results.

Sounds like your apps are simply updating. However this should only take a moment over WIFI. Maybe you should
Shut down & restart iPhone.

I would also recommend going to the app's website for help with settings. It is too detailed for me to undertake here.

Yeah exactly they look like they are updating, but it is going on forever it has been more than 12 hours now and the status is the same at least 5 of the APPS are showing the waiting status the way it shows when you are first installing it and how can it forever show waiting ?? What is happening ? What's going wrong ? I am on a 5 MBPS Broadband speed, with this speed it should not take so long ? Right?

The Wi-fi access that I have is much slower than the speed I have from my network carrier in the phone? So how will the Wi-fi network make any difference ?

Yeah exactly they look like they are updating, but it is going on forever it has been more than 12 hours now and the status is the same at least 5 of the APPS are showing the waiting status the way it shows when you are first installing it and how can it forever show waiting ?? What is happening ? What's going wrong ? I am on a 5 MBPS Broadband speed, with this speed it should not take so long ? Right?

The Wi-fi access that I have is much slower than the speed I have from my network carrier in the phone? So how will the Wi-fi network make any difference ?

Geez! I'm no expert, but I would have shut down and restarted the iPhone!!!!!
The "waiting" status sometimes happens if password was not correct for iTunes I found.