What's new

App refunding?

escalade6103

Reaction score
Is there a trial period for apps like there is for android or amazon market? If so how do I get a refund and is there a time limit?

escalade6103 said:
Is there a trial period for apps like there is for android or amazon market? If so how do I get a refund and is there a time limit?

I received a refund once when I installed a Amharic app that was totally buggy. I contacted apple and I received a $3.99 refund.

Only one country has a refund policy in place. Otherwise no refunds unless you contact Apple directly and plead your case.

If you've made a purchase with a credit card that turns out to be misrepresented (not as advertised, defective, etc.), the first responsibility is to try to work out an equitable solution with the company. If the company refuses to address your complaint then you can take it up with your CC company. If they determine that you have a legitimate complaint that isn't being addressed they will give you a credit and rescind their payment to the vendor. Is it worth the hassle for the price of most apps? That's up to you.

DaveM said:
If you've made a purchase with a credit card that turns out to be misrepresented (not as advertised, defective, etc.), the first responsibility is to try to work out an equitable solution with the company. If the company refuses to address your complaint then you can take it up with your CC company. If they determine that you have a legitimate complaint that isn't being addressed they will give you a credit and rescind their payment to the vendor. Is it worth the hassle for the price of most apps? That's up to you.

Nice explanation Dave

Skull One said:
Only one country has a refund policy in place. Otherwise no refunds unless you contact Apple directly and plead your case.

To phone apple direct is a premium number so to get a refund on £3.99 you'd spend £20.99 getting through. I'd just cut my loses and learn by it. Unless the app was say Tom Tom and the app was a Dick Turpin day light robbery expensive £69.99!

I meant like a 15 min trial period basically to where you can use the app for 15 mins and if you don't like it you can select to refund. But basically if you buy it then it's yours whether you like it or not. Thanks guys

I meant like a 15 min trial period basically to where you can use the app for 15 mins and if you don't like it you can select to refund. But basically if you buy it then it's yours whether you like it or not. Thanks guys

you're welcome escalade. we're dealing with the giant in the beanstalk and he doesn't like giving back.

DaveM said:

If you find a subpar app please comment using the option in iTunes. I for one read those prior to downloading. A buck or two adds up when you have 4 phones and two are being used by teenage girls! :)

iCrank said:
I received a refund once when I installed a Amharic app that was totally buggy. I contacted apple and I received a $3.99 refund.

My sister-in-law let my 6 year old great niece play games on her iphone and one time she ordered $99.99 of coins through an ip-app purchase. We got the $ refunded and I turned off in-app purchases on her phone!

jmsmith32210 said:
My sister-in-law let my 6 year old great niece play games on her iphone and one time she ordered $99.99 of coins through an ip-app purchase. We got the $ refunded and I turned off in-app purchases on her phone!

Yeah that sucks.