What's new

Anyone else having the following problem?

SomeDude

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I downloaded the latest iOS (9:3.1) a few days ago, as well as the latest patch for it and now the battery drains at an exponential rate. What's that? You in the back of the room waving your hand, you'd like an example? Ok, ok relax. My settings were the same after the updates, I leave nothing running in the background, I don't stream, or podcast and yet my battery life was at 100% this morning after I took it off the charger. Shortly there after I made a two minute phone call, which resulted in the battery life going down to 96%. I picked up the phone around three hours later to see if I had any missed calls/texts (I didn't) and the battery life had gone down to 72%. A few hours later and still no missed calls/texts and it's down to 61%. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, what gives?

Cheers,
SD

I don't have this problem, and my son thinks that the battery life of his iPhone 6 is better than before.

Did you reboot your iPhone after updating, using both buttons? If you updated over the air (via Settings on your iPhone), try restoring via iTunes. That should help.