What's new

Anyone else denied Apple upgrade program

Popadak

Reaction score
I took a day and half off work for the new phone. I drove 120 miles to my "local" Apple store and stayed in a hotel in Charleston near the Apple Store for my 9:00 appointment. I waited about an hour and them was called. The Apple sales person enter my info and asked for a credit card. He swiped it and less than a minute later if came back denied. He said that there was nothing he could do. When I got back to the hotel I ran my credit scores and all 3 bureaus have me at 820 to 830s or excellent. WTF?

I had the same problem, could not get on apple upgrade option.
Had to buy on the same credit card with full price, called 1800 my apple
they said to call back on Monday they will update the reason and send me the email.

Same thing!!! I COULD not believe it. I'm a doctor with a 6 figure income and great credit score... and I could not get a cell phone! Went through the whole process, input all my information, SS #, credit card etc, and the last screen said I was ineligible. The first apple employee told me that it was because I was in contract with ATT. I tried to explain to him that the apple upgrade program is unlocked and separate from ATT, but he didn't seem to understand. Spoke to another employee who said, that shouldn't have been a problem and we went through the whole process again. The second employee told me its because my credit got denied! WHAT?!?! unbelievable.... I wasn't about to buy the iphone outright without figuring this thing out.

If anyone has any info, please post. I hope Apple gets this message!

This forum is independently owned and not connected with Apple in any way. The best way to make sure Apple is made properly aware of your situation is to contact them directly.

That is crazy it must be a false program.unless they only give it to the movie stars or famous people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk