What's new

Any cydia app for androids google maps?

I don't understand, you can't run an android app on an iPhone, Google maps is already available for the iPhone in the iTunes store, no need to be jailbroken.

No no.. Androids google maps is far better turn by turn and voice active

I know that. But I was wondering why the android google maps blows ours out of the water. That's why I asked since its a "beta" on droid phones if somehow the application could be mocked to be a iPhone app.

If you play with a droid use the maps it's quite awesome.
Our google maps is terrible doesn't tell you in how many miles is next turn and it's not turn by turn.
I have telenav and it's okay but still doesn't say in 1 mile turn right.

And droids google maps is updated alot! I guess because google is part of droid they have that

Yes it's very disappointing. iPhones native maps is based on google maps but google have only allowed it very limited functionality. On my old nokia phone which wasnt even android, you could tap on the many names of local businesses to bring up phone numbers and other contact details along with pictures and reviews. Not to mention the google street views you could bring up. Obviously google didn't want to give their main competitor too much. I wish someone could create a cydia tweak that would somehow allow iPhone users access to these extreea features. I have installed " navigate from maps" which allows you to tap on a point in the native maps app and navigate to it using TomTom ( which of course you were happy to pay £50 for from the app store, rather than somehow getting hold of a cracked version)

The native maps apps arent enough for my needs anyway, I've been using TomTom for 3 years, no need for native GPS apps for me.

Mills trust me the droid google maps are epic

I have tom-tom on my phone. It is a very slick and proffessional sat nav, with all the features of a dedicated satnav. Google maps offers something different, you can tap on points on the map and it will bring up a 360 panorama taken at that point. Or you can tap on any business or venue and it will bring up details and reviews. It can also show you location of your freinds phones. It's full of different features than a sat nav, although I believe the android version has a fully functioning sat nav. Dont be misled by the fact that it's free, it is a flagship app for the android system, it's superior to anything i've seen on the iPhone.

Let's be honest here guys, most Android, Symbian and Windows apps are far superior to anything we are ever likely to see on the iPhone.

Barrie

One of the most misinformed and incorrect statements I have read on this forum to date. In case you forgot Android is made BY Google. Obviously Google apps are going to be better on their own Operating System.

Yep I'd say that was going a bit far. Generally the iphone and its apps are better and more polished. And once jailbroken I think it's generally the best phone. As above, google maps is better on android because google have understandably kept back some functionality from their main competitor!