What's new

Any chai drinkers here?

ardchoille

Reaction score
I have been drinking Oregon Chai for a couple of years. I tried Big Train Chai yesterday and fell in love with it, it makes Oregon Chai seem watered-down. Anyone who likes drinking chai really needs to try Big Train Chai. Amazon has it at a good price.

Thomasjtsi said:
I'm not even sure what "Chai" is.... :-(

Sorry, should have explained it:

Chai:
A beverage made with black teas, steamed milk and sweet spices based loosely on Indian recipes.

It tastes a bit like pumpkin, it's sweet and creamy. Best tea I've ever had.

Well I'm an avid tea drinker. However, it's almost always iced. This sounds like a hot tea mixture, correct?

Thomasjtsi said:
Well I'm an avid tea drinker. However, it's almost always iced. This sounds like a hot tea mixture, correct?

Chai is one of those teas that is delicious either way. Though I prefer it hot, I have a friend who won't drink it unless it's iced.

I'll give it a whirl this weekend and let you know what I think. What "sweet spices" do you recommend I use?

i drink a LOT of tea,however i just drink it black and weak,no sugar.......years ago i used to have it with full cream milk and two or three spoons of sugar........OH YUK....don't know how i did that looking back.

We drink twinings orange and lotus flower at work ( co worker cannot have caffeine )
Not sure if it's available in the US

Attachments

• $image-2462456486.jpg
    $image-2462456486.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 404
Sorry, should have explained it:

Chai:
A beverage made with black teas, steamed milk and sweet spices based loosely on Indian recipes.

It tastes a bit like pumpkin, it's sweet and creamy. Best tea I've ever had.

its funny because in greek "chai, or tsai, pronounced the same means tea,

very tasty and I drink it every night around 6pm :)

Thomasjtsi said:
I'll give it a whirl this weekend and let you know what I think. What "sweet spices" do you recommend I use?

Chai already has the spices in it, all you have to do is add milk - or ask for a chai tea latte from a coffee shop and it'll be ready to drink.

I go as far as a Chai Latte. A bit of cinnamon to top it off. Adam's Peak or some Hawaiian Oolong and a bit of Latte in place of milk and oh my jesus.....