What's new

Angela Ahrendts Hints That Apple is Working on a Comparable Offering to the Back to School Promotion

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple back to school.jpg

Apple usually kickstarts its yearly Back to School promotion in the beginning of July, but it appears to be a no-show for 2015. However, according to a fresh report coming from French website Consomac.fr, it seems that Apple will soon unveil a similar offering.

In her weekly global video address to Apple Store employees, Ahrendts hinted that a new educational promotion is in the works and could be announced soon. Given the timing, this could replacement to Apple's Back to School sale. Ahrendts is quoted as having said the following:

"I'm sure many of you are thinking also 'but is there anything else for Back to School?' Well, I need you to wait until next week's video and I'll share a little bit more insight with you then."

If this turns out to be true, then Apple is probably looking to replace the Back to School sale with a new program targeting the education market. Back in 2014, besides various educational discounts, the company also gave students and faculty Apple Store and iTunes gift cards worth $100 for every Mac and $50 for iPhone and iPad.

Source: Consomac.fr