What's new

Amber Alert Doesn't Work

kspector

Reaction score
The other day we had an amber alert in our area but it did not show up on my iPhone 5. The feature is activated on the phone. Any thoughts on why this is?? What am I doing wrong?

The government body in charge has to be part of the network. Odds are they aren't.

The government body in charge has to be part of the network. Odds are they aren't.

What government body would be the one who should be contacted to be sure we are linked in? State Police? I think this is a valuable service and it should function on iPhones since the ability is built in

Thanks

What government body would be the one who should be contacted to be sure we are linked in? State Police? I think this is a valuable service and it should function on iPhones since the ability is built in

Thanks

That is a really good question I don't have an answer for. Just guessing, I would contact the Emergency Response Team (ERT) Public Affairs (PA) office for the state. ERTs usually report to the Governor directly and as such they have to know all chain of commands involved. The PA spokesman should be able to look it up for you.