What's new

Amazon winner pop up

irvineboy

Reaction score
I keep getting this Amazon winner pop up. it happens on some websites. I looked it up and they said to go into airplane mode and then to the Safari settings and delete cache. Then swipe up to get out of the safari app and restart your iPhone 7. But the virus is still there.

Any other suggestions?

Did you also delete your browsing history? If you've done everything, the only way to get that pop up back is to go back to the website where it came from.
BTW, it isn't a virus but a misbehaving advertising pop up that was deliberately programmed to do that.

yes. How do I get rid of it?
Do everything you did plus delete the browsing history by turning on Airplane Mode then open Safari and tap on the open book icon at the bottom of the page. If the history page doesn't come up, tap on the clock icon at the top of the page and then tap the clear button at the bottom of the page. You'll see a pop up listing various options. Select the All Time option and tap on it. This will clear your entire browsing history.

I did that yet still get the pop up. Any other solutions?

I get those now and then. It's only some sites though, usually ones heavy on ads. As far as I know, just don't go to that site. I was researching something over the weekend and the link Google gave me gave me that ad 3 times in a row. After 3rd time I just went to a different Google suggestion and no longer had the issue. When it happens to me I just double click home and swipe it away.

Do everything you did plus delete the browsing history by turning on Airplane Mode then open Safari and tap on the open book icon at the bottom of the page. If the history page doesn't come up, tap on the clock icon at the top of the page and then tap the clear button at the bottom of the page. You'll see a pop up listing various options. Select the All Time option and tap on it. This will clear your entire browsing history.
Good +1

The icon that looks like an open book is not your browsing history, it is the list of folders you have created and the contents you have placed (saved). So make sure you look for that clock!