What's new

All those icons at top

Soxty7flh

Reaction score
my " other" phone... Hers.. Has icons at the top we don't know what they are. 1 is a lock with a circle arrow around it? The other is a phone icon with two rows of dots under it? Both are to the right of the PM icons/letters.

The icons in question are located in what many people call the status bar - it shows the status of the device. The lock icon in an arrowed circle is the rotation lock, I'm unsure of the other icon. The rotation lock can be removed by double-pressing the home button > swipe the multitask bar to the right > and tapping the left-most icon (the same icon as in the status bar). This will unlock the device's ability to rotate the screen between portrait and landscape modes. Locking screen rotation serves to lock the screen orientation into a specific mode so that some apps, such as Safari, won't rotate when the device orientation is changed.

Cool! Thanx! She actually said she doesn't WANT.that screen rotation feature either(?!)

Now to figure that other un out!

Cool! Thanx! She actually said she doesn't WANT.that screen rotation feature either(?!)

Now to figure that other un out!

Ok, well, she can just leave the lock rotation place. But at least you both know the purpose of that icon now. I'm sure someone will chime in with an explanation of the other icon.

I found the purpose of the other icon. Go to Settings > Phone > TTY > turn it off and that other icon should disappear. It's a setting that improves compatibility for TTY - a machine that deaf people use to communicate.

that makes sense! Those "brail" icons! thanx! we were just wondering when we compared screens.......

I think the 2nd icon shows that the TTY function has been enabled.