What's new

Alerts during calls?

Kuhns787

Reaction score
I have noticed that with my new 4s that I get text and message notifications while on calls this is very anoying how do I turn it off? In my blackberry there is a setting to turn not get notifications while on calls. Any help would be appriciated.

How is this a problem? Would you mind elaborating a bit? I'm having trouble understanding (from my point of view). I receive texts a lot while on the phone, but with the new notification center they are not a problem.

I am hearing the ringtones for the alerts (text, facebook, ect) while on the call and don't want to have them in my ear while I am talking. I still want to have them in the notification bar when I am done with the call just don't want to hear the alert sounds.

unicornWaste said:
How is this a problem? Would you mind elaborating a bit? I'm having trouble understanding (from my point of view). I receive texts a lot while on the phone, but with the new notification center they are not a problem.

I know what he is saying. It either vibrates or has the ringtone or both and when you are trying to have a conversation it is annoying. I too would like to know if there is a solution to this.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I would also like to know...it nearly blows my ear drums out...anyone found anyway to at least turn it down while on the phone? I don't want to have to tell the person to hold while I go back to my settings to turn down the volume for notifications.