What's new

AirPlay from my phone

Jack_Bikes

Reaction score
I wanted to show a friend some pictures. The photo App doesn't show in order, but that's a different story. I was showing the pictures on my TV through the Apple TV and it stopped several times on a picture and would not proceed. I had to exit the App and restart again. After several tries I switched to my iPad-1 and it never froze on the TV. Any ideas why the phone would freeze the picture?

Did you try just mirroring it instead of AirPlay? For showing someone pictures I'd think mirroring would work better than airplay.

I don't have my iPhone on me and I'm too lazy to get up but I just AirPlayed photos and mirrored them and it practically worked the same. No order was messed with. Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Are you using the iPhoto App or the Photo App that comes standard in the phone? They act differently with regards to AirPlay.

I was using the standard photo app, not iPhoto.
I could try it with iPhoto if you want to me check something for you. I do have iPhoto. But why would you use iPhoto to show photos? I only use it to alter photos and then I always immediately save them back to photos.

There is no AirPlay option in iPhoto that I can find. So I mirrored it and it worked fine. Not exactly sure what your problem is, I'm a little confused I guess.

The problem with the photo app is that it scrambles the photos in Albums so they don't show in taken order. If you are trying to show the progress of a trip, for instance they do not consist in the Album folder in order. They are on my laptop, but not in my phone.

I thought iPhoto would keep the order, which it does, but won't AirPlay. Why do I need two Apps to keep them in order and then show them?

If you make an album of your photos (in the Photos app), you can then rearrange those photos within the album (by pressing Edit and holding the picture to move it). I can only assume that you can do this because it's a link in the album, not the actual picture).

So, you can arrange the photos as you wish and then they'll display in the proper order when you show them via AirPlay.

Marilyn

When I hold down in the picture it allows me to copy, not move. Still at a loss as to why the phone would not replicate the order the photos are in iPhoto on the computer.