What's new

AGHHHH...the English language is being massacred

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
is it just me or does it annoy anyone else,maybe it's just a UK thing,here's what i mean-
hospiKal=hospital
everyFinK=everything
nothinK=nothing

i'm sure you can come up with more.

Ugghhh don't even get me started.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Ugghhh don't even get me started.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner
another one here that drives me mad is....see ya LA-ER,aghh,i blame the soaps here for a lot of it.

is it just me or does it annoy anyone else,maybe it's just a UK thing,here's what i mean-
hospiKal=hospital
everyFinK=everything
nothinK=nothing

i'm sure you can come up with more.

Is that how they spell those words there, Ivy? Haven't seen that variation here...but we do have our own!

Is that how they spell those words there, Ivy? Haven't seen that variation here...but we do have our own!
no it's just how some people talk,it's like they'r too lazy to pronounce words properly,the thing that happens then is that children pick it up too,another thing that's happening is that people who are British talk with a street talk accent,they sound ridiculous.

Ivy... you should look into Ebonics. There's a complete mind blowing spin on the English language for ya. LOL!!!

no it's just how some people talk,it's like they'r too lazy to pronounce words properly,the thing that happens then is that children pick it up too,another thing that's happening is that people who are British talk with a street talk accent,they sound ridiculous.

Yes-we do have that here a combination of English and some other form of speech. Somedays I have no idea what was just said to me at times!

You used "they'r" which should have been autocorrected to "they're."
ah right,i see,i have noticed that auto correct doesn't always.....well, correct things!