What's new

After a bereavement

BlackCat

Reaction score
Ok so probably this has been asked before. I have googled but really have no idea what I am doing.
My partner died suddenly at age 50 and I am getting around to looking at his digital devices.

I can get into his email but not his laptop. I can thru his email change his iTunes password.

I cant get into his iPhone (I believe a 5s) or his iPad mini because his passcodes are un-guessable.

I dearly want to treasure his notes, photos etc etc....

I cant log on to his iTunes on his laptop, and when I plug his phone in to my laptop even when I log in with his account, it says I can't attach the phone unless I attend to the phone screen (I assume this means put the passcode in). So I cant even do a backup and then restore them after a reset.

If anyone can think of ANYTHING I can do to get around this, I would be eternally grateful. It is driving me crazy not knowing what his last thoughts were or WHO KNOWS what's in his phone. Probably there are people trying to call/text him too that I could be informing of his death.

I am really appreciative of all your suggestions, thanks.

I'm afraid that there's no way to bypass the password on the phone. Since you have access to his iTunes ID and password, you should be able to erase the phone and restore it to factory condition as a useable phone, but without his password there's no way to gain access to the phone and keep the data intact.

Maybe contact apple? With original documents of phone and they can help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk