What's new

Accidental cydia delete

2s2pid

Reaction score
Is there anyone who can help me with this problem. I currently have a jailbroken ip5, iOS 6.1.2. I accidentally deleted the cydia app. I tried reinstalling it using winscp and iexplorer but nothing worked. I tried erasing my iPhone but it seems to be prevented from erasing. Are there any tips to reinstall cydia app? Thank u.

Figuring out how you deleted it in the first place will give us a good idea of what route to take on reinstalling? What happened... if you don't mind providing more information?

Well some of the repos were not working and my phone was stuck in safe mode so I tried deleting cydia manually, and although it said that its unsafe to delete it I still pressed delete. After respring, the phone was not on safe mode. Still jailbroken but without the cydia app. And some of the jailbroken apps, like overboard was not working anymore. Tried ifile and winscp, no luck.

Might have to use iFunBox and the Cydia Auto Installer to re-install Cydia via deb packaging.

the baddest thing happened, my phone got stuck on the apple logo. forced to update to 6.1.3. thanks though for the replies.. i think i have to wait until ios 7.. if ever there would be a jailbreak for that. :(

Tapping and holding onto Cydia and deleting it or via MobileTerminal.