What's new

6 Plus - Unresponsive screen but connects to iTunes? Dead?

golfindel

Reaction score
I've tried to find a similar problem within the forum but couldn't. This was brought to me by my daughter's friend who complained of a "half-working" screen - lines down the length of it - screen or connection I thought. When I get my hands on the phone there is nothing on the screen. I can't get anything to come up on the screen nor any haptic feedback but when i connect it to the computer it requests the passcode (which I have but cannot enter). So I assume the screen has further "decayed" and replace screen and digitiser but it's still the same. Dead main board? Any help would be gratefully received.

I've tried to find a similar problem within the forum but couldn't. This was brought to me by my daughter's friend who complained of a "half-working" screen - lines down the length of it - screen or connection I thought. When I get my hands on the phone there is nothing on the screen. I can't get anything to come up on the screen nor any haptic feedback but when i connect it to the computer it requests the passcode (which I have but cannot enter). So I assume the screen has further "decayed" and replace screen and digitiser but it's still the same. Dead main board? Any help would be gratefully received.
You could have a failed Touch IC chip on the logic board, which is a known problem with the iPhone 6 Plus. If your warranty and/or AppleCare+ has expired, Apple will replace the iPhone at a reduced fee. If this is what’s wrong with your iPhone, there would have been nothing wrong with the screen.

Normally I’d recommend that you take the iPhone to an Apple Store Genius Bar for a diagnostic but since you’ve replaced the screen on your own, Apple will no longer perform any servicing on the iPhone.