What's new

5s cracked screen

justinh

Reaction score
Hey all I was just sitting here and noticed that I have a small crack on the left top corner of me screen looks like its in the glass/LCD and it looks like it is under the glass I know this is like the common thing to hear but I have not dropped the phone and it is in a lifeproof case has any one heard or seen any issues with the 5s screens ?? Thanks

It's possible it could be a stress crack. If there's no evidence of an impact, you'll likely be covered under the warranty. If you have AppleCare+, it covers up to 2 incidents of accidental damage.

If you live close enough to a Apple Store, take it in for a Genius Bar appointment. Back up your phone before you go, in case the damage is covered and the phone is replaced.

I haven't heard about any screen problems that cause cracking of the glass.

Last edited:
Thanks I'm going to set up an appointment tomorrow at apple store unfortunately I do not buy apple care on this phone due to using lifeproof and had great luck with my 4s which looked new when I sold it to Verizon plus I'm doing the edge program and was going to trade it in when I can upgrade I really hope it's just a stress crack and they warrant it for me if not I guess I'm s o l lol

So I went to the apple store and they looked at the phone and they tried to say that it was a crack in the screen after further review and 2 other geniuses they came to the the final thought as it being glue and they did say they seen little bubbles by the separation so they did replace my phone free of charge
Thank you apple