What's new

5-in iPhone and iPhone 5S to be released this year, Chinese source claims

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$5-inch_iPhone_mockup_lineup-800x450.jpg

Recently, we’ve been hearing rumors that indicate Apple is planning to release a 5-inch iPhone, which has been nicknamed in the industry circles – the iPhone Math. Now, a new translated report coming from a Chinese media source claims that Apple will not only launch a 5-inch iPhone but an updated version of the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5S, as well, in 2013.

“A source told Chinese mobile phone information site Laoyaoba.com that he has seen the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 at Apple's suppliers. Both models may be released in 2013, according to the website's microblog on Thursday evening. The source noted that the iPhone 5S resembles the iPhone 5, and the five-inch iPhone 6 is lighter and thinner.”

This new information comes to sediment earlier reports which also claimed that Apple is working on such devices, although they didn’t predict the tech giant could launch the handsets so soon. Later reports emerging and covering the topic also validated the theory that Apple is currently busy designing a 4.8”-5.0” model.

All these hearsays about a larger version of the iPhone have prompted a lot of people to speculate whether or not such a device will find a place in Apple’s ecosystem and subsequently on the market. Recently, a developer even modeled a mock version of the purported iPhone Math, in order to give an idea to users of how the device might look. Nevertheless, unless larger parts begin leaking out of Chinese manufacturing partners, the 5” inch iPhone remains only in the realm of speculation.

Source: MacRumors

If Apple built a large "iPhone Pro", I would probably buy it, along with millions of others.

The reality though, is that Apple releases one phone a year. These rumors always surface, but perhaps they have finally had a prototype device in the works long enough. Who knows?

Maybe they will surprise us with the big boy. People are expecting the iPhone 5s to be released with slightly upgraded specs. It would be a shocker for sure if they came out with a super sized iPhone.

I have the iPhone 4 and it is fine. A little bigger screen would be nice, and 4G speeds would be nice, but the iPhone 5 just doesn't do it for me. It's basically the same thing that I have.

I really think if there is any chance of an iPhone redesign, we will see it with the iPhone 6 in the summer/fall of 2014. But, you never know....

I really hope they do not release multiple versions of the iPhone. A bigger screen would be great as long as they kept the retina display.