What's new

4s has stopped recognizing touch. :(

JennRoseFX

Reaction score
My Iphone 4s seems to have lost touch sensitivity. It started out of the blue over the weekend... I'd be using it then randomly it would "freeze" on me. Still able to receive texts and calls, but I wouldn't be able to answer them, or even slide to unlock the phone because it was as if it didn't register touch at all. If I left it alone for a few minutes it would snap back and be fine... and then freeze again after another 30 seconds- few minutes of use. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Resetting it wouldn't snap it out of it. I attempted to do a restore on it this evening, hoping that would do the trick, but after that it's now stuck in this "frozen mode"... not registering me at all when I try to slide to unlock.

A bit of history on my phone (hides head in shame)-

A month ago I smashed the phone in a car door (don't ask). It was in an Otter Box case, but it still managed to shatter the front glass and knocked my camera out of whack a bit (it had a hard time focusing after that). I ended up going to a highly reputable third party phone repair place that a few friends suggested to me (since I was incredibly stupid and forgot to purchase AppleCare... boy have I learned my lesson.) They replaced my glass and my camera and it was working PERFECTLY after that... and had been since then honestly until this past Saturday. Do you think this sensitivity issue could be a delayed issue linked to last month's "accident"? Or it is possible it is linked to something the repair place did? Has anyone ever had similar issues?

I plan to go back to the repair place after work tomorrow... but can't keep pouring money into this phone. I'm at a loss. :(

Any insight?

Thanks.

Could be either really. Maybe a loose connection inside. The only thing you can do is take it back to the repair place and get them to open it up and have a look.
My old 3G (which my son uses) also does it but I just put it down to the phone being old. It has never been damaged although it probably has been dropped a few times.
Good luck, I hope it is nothing too seriously wrong.

Last edited:
That would be my first suggestion... taking it back to the repair shop that replaced the screen. Hopefully they have a labor warranty in place for their work and won't charge you to open the phone back up and see if perhaps a connection is bad.