What's new

3gs hanging on Apple logo after new battery

GazNicki

Reaction score
I have a 3gs which has needed almost everything replacing. In total I have replaced the gps module, and reseated the metal bezel. I rebuilt and found it needed a new battery and a new bottom dock.

I have since replaced the bottom dock and fitted a new battery, and when I have rebuilt it powers on to the Apple logo. It now holds charge too and is recognised by iTunes. However, it is hanging on the Apple logo and won't do anything. Holding the home and power buttons seems to do nothing either.

If I restore in iTunes it will update to ios6, and I really don't know what to do. This is my first time with an iphone and my first time fixing one, so any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

If you have knowledge on jailbreaking try jailbreaking it to "hactivate" it. If you don't know where to start with jailbreak do the following
Download redsn0w for your computer, get the latest version if you can. Just google it,
Hook up your phone to the computer and redsn0w will tell you your phone and ios version (e.g iPhone 3GS ios 6 old br) old br standing for old bootrom. That saves you the time and hassle of downloading your ios version. Then click jailbreak and it will guide you through the rest.
Let me know your outcome.
Mark

If you have knowledge on jailbreaking try jailbreaking it to "hactivate" it. If you don't know where to start with jailbreak do the following
Download redsn0w for your computer, get the latest version if you can. Just google it,
Hook up your phone to the computer and redsn0w will tell you your phone and ios version (e.g iPhone 3GS ios 6 old br) old br standing for old bootrom. That saves you the time and hassle of downloading your ios version. Then click jailbreak and it will guide you through the rest.
Let me know your outcome.
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice. I tried this but I get the following error:
Code:
Restore Error1: Timeout waiting for SpringBoard notification from SpringBoard that it's ready for a restore (MBErrorDomain/1)

Any advice??

Attachments

• $springboard.jpg
    $springboard.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 540
I have now got the phone to boot.

My problem was that the metal bezel was not seated correctly. So I re-stripped the phone, and stuck the bezel with some superglue. I rebuilt the phone and now it powers on and the batter charges fine.