What's new

3GS downgrade from 6.0.1

Waiting for reboot screen now
Please wait while your build is being processed

Appears to be Locked at this point

apologies for another stupid question but when i download the above file and "select ipsw" it doesnt appear to let me point to IOS 6.0. (cant see any files with .ipsw extension)

Did you download the IPSW using Internet Explorer?

Yes, it downloads it as a zip file made up of a firmware directory, a buildmanifest.plist, restore.plist and a few others

That's why. You'll need to download it on a non-Internet Explorer because Internet Explorer can't receive it properly. Use Chrome or Mozilla.

yep that helped but went through a few sequences and then "exploit failed" error

Give it another go. This time running RedSn0w as an administrator.

Try to get Teamviewer onto your computer. When I get home, I'll TV and see what's going on with it.

Tried it with a different computer and seemed to work. Came up with messsge "the jailbreak for this device is currently tethered". which then asked me to go through " just boot sequence".
currently trying to activate. Failed 3 times so far

If it's tethered, you'd need to install Evasi0n untether for iOS 6 from Cydia to keep it from closing up every time you reboot or turn your device off. As for activating it, since it was previously jailbroken and unlocked using a software unlock, you'll need an original SIM from the original carrier of the iPhone in order to activate it. Otherwise, you'll need to bypass it by removing the setup.app by rooting your device

Got an "orange pay as you go sim card". doesnt seem to work with it.