Otelo87

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a 3GS with:
-iOS version 3.1.2(7D11)
-modem firmware 05.11.07
-model MC133NF
-blackra1n jailbroken
(I have to execute blackra1n application everytime I switch it off and on again )

It is like this for a couple of years now and I am tempted to upgrade(jailbroken of course). My questions now are:
1. Is it worth it?
2. If yes, what is the best way to upgrade?
- I don't care about any data on it.

I have read a lot of threads but I thought it would be best if I would get some opinions for my particular case.
Sorry for my english and my lack of knowledge in this field.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
do you need unlock?

if not then just upgrade in itunes to 4.3.3 and use redsn0w to jailbreak, check the hacking section for mac and windows tutorials

I don't think that it is factory unlocked(how do I find out). Would it matter if it isn't? Will version 4.3.3 make the 3gs slower? thnx

Last edited:
it doesent have to be factory unlocked as long as your using it with the carrier that its locked to and not trying to unlock it from one carrier to work with another :) for example if you bought it locked to orange and wanted to use it with other carriers like vodafone.

and 4.3.3 works well on the 3gs.. its the 3g that has problems

well it was on Vodafone and now I am using orange(so I guess I unlocked it as well at that time, I don't really remember)...is it safe to upgrade to 4.3.3 and jailbreak with redsn0w? Will it go back to Vodafone only or the unlock is permanent? thnx

if you used a tool to unlock it then you should not update in itunes, use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to upgrade while preserving the baseband..

if you still use the vodafone sim card you can get them to permanently unlock it

pfff, i smell a brick in the air :)) , i'll research some more and get back, thank you for the replies

well if you cant unlock your iphone you can always jailbreak and use it as a ipod touch until there i a new unlock or maybe even just use a voda sim for now if thats possible