What's new

3GS Unlocked with 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 BB

drbwell

Reaction score
3GS Unlocked with 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 BB:
Is [h=2]3GS Unlocked with 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 BB: I'm not sure if I should leave this iPhone as it is or update it leaving the Baseband alone? I also want to Jailbreak it and don't want to mess it up. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks[/h] iphone more valuable if I leave it the way it is or should I update it and leave the Baseband alone? I also want to Jailbreak it?

Last edited:
If it's unlocked using UltraSn0w, you have to first check whether your device is a new or old bootrom 3GS. If you do not have SHSH blobs saved, you can only restore to iOS 6.1.3, which is the latest iOS for the 3GS.

If your only option is to restore to 6.1.3 (4.1 excluded), and your device is an OLD bootrom device, you can unlock it once again. If the above but it's a NEW bootrom, you cannot unlock using UltraSn0w. Jailbreaking is not an issue as much as unlocking it.

To tack on, if your device is a new bootrom, on 6.1.3, you only have a tethered jailbreak. On an old bootrom, you have an untethered.

You can check your bootrom by looking at your device's model number and/or serial number. If the model starts with MB, you have an old bootrom. If it starts with MC, it's a new bootrom.

If you do not have SHSH blobs for your device, you cannot unlock your device when restoring to iOS 6.1.3 using UltraSn0w if that's what you're currently using. The other option is iOS 4.1. You'll have slightly more app support from the AppStore but still low app support. You can, however, still unlock using UltraSn0w.

If you do not have SHSH blobs for your device, you cannot unlock your device when restoring to iOS 6.1.3 using UltraSn0w if that's what you're currently using. The other option is iOS 4.1. You'll have slightly more app support from the AppStore but still low app support. You can, however, still unlock using UltraSn0w.

Can I still save SHSH blobs with Tiny Umbrella?

If your device is already jailbroken, you may be able to restore to iOS 5.X, which is the next best to iOS 6 as it's less resource demanding than iOS 6 and you can unlock iOS 5 without a problem with UltraSn0w. If your device is not jailbroken at the moment, and you did not save them manually, the only blobs you can retrieve now are iOS 6.1.3 blobs for the 3GS, which is useless since it's the last and final iOS for the 3GS, so you can restore to 6.1.3 at any time

If I leave the phone as it currently is;Unlocked with 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 BB, what can I do to Jailbreak it? Does anyone know which jailbreak file to load and still preserve my current Baseband?

Jailbreaking does not modify your baseband unless you purposefully flash the iPad Baseband or downgrade an iPad Baseband that's currently on your device already.

The easiest method to jailbreak 3.1.2 would be to use Jailbreak Me 2.0 directly on your device. Open up the below link on your phone directly, slide the slider and it'll jailbreak. It takes 5 minutes tops on the slowest possible wifi network in the world to finish.

JailbreakMe

When I clicked your link, it took me to an information page not the upgrade page. Do you have the correct link?

The link has to be opened directly on your device, not through your computer.

Ok, I got it to jailbreak, but most of the sources and apps don't support 3.xx. I think I need to upgrade the firmware leaving the baseband as is to keep my unlock. I tried to use Redsn0w and 4.3.3, but while I was installing I get the error 3194. Am I missing something?

I was able to Jail brake with Jailbreakme. I'm having issues with Cydia and installing apps/sources and need at least 4.xx for it to work properly. I tried to use Redsn0w and got error 3194 and 4.3.3 using my baseband. Any ideas?

You can only restore to 4.1 and 6.1.3 as often as you want without any restrictions. For any other iOS, you must have SHSH blobs and APTickets (if applicable). You then have to use the blobs to stitch a custom IPSW to restore to. If you do not do this, you'll receive a second version of error 3194 which you've seen when trying to restore to 4.3.3 without blobs

I tried to install 4.1 with Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze, both continued to give error 3194. Can I use SHSH blobs from an iPhone 5 and knit together for the Rom?

Last edited:
I tried to install 4.1 with Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze, both continued to give error 3194. Can I use SHSH blobs from an iPhone 5 and knit together for the Rom?

The 3G and 3GS can restore to 4.1 using iTunes. You just have to manually point it to the 4.1 IPSW. And no. SHSH blobs and APTickets are unique to device. You cannot share them in any way, shape or form.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk