What's new

3G 6.0 unlock half way around the world...

gua742

Reaction score
I got a friend who lives in Jordan who has an AT&T 3G iPhone:phone: with software version 6.0 and he needs it unlocked. How would he go about getting this done? I would prefer he had an untethered unlock.

He is sort of a technical person and can follow instructions and of course has a computer.

Any and all input on this matter is greatly appreciated, also whomever first gives me instructions that work first will get a special gift (and when I mean special gift I mean I will pay-pal you $20)

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

-George

Are we talking about the 3G or the 3GS here. The 3G caps at iOS 4.2.1

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a 3GS with 6.0 or 6.0.1 I forgot! But I will find out ASAP and put it on here.

Thanks for your response!

-George

Two options... get in touch w/ AT&T and see if they'll unlock if from their service, if he's eligible through AT&T's unlocking requirements, or he'll need to purchase an IEMI unlock online somewhere. Unfortunately, the process of aquiring an IEMI unlock is something we don't discuss here at iPhone Forums.

Ask him if his 3GS is a new or old bootrom. That would determine whether or not he can untether his iPhone and whether or not he has to pay for his unlock. If it's an old bootrom, he can definitely untether jailbreak it on iOS 6.0 or 6.0.1, and if it's an old bootrom, he can unlock it free using UltraSn0w which is from jailbreaking. How can he tell? On the model number, see if it starts with MB or MC. MB is old bootrom, MC is new bootrom