What's new

32 Bit Apps Phase Out

Cool. Thanks. The new SE is my first 32 gig phone. That's enough space to last awhile? My older 5 Phone was a 16 gig model and I still had about 5 gig's of available space on it.

Thanks

My iPhone 5 has 64 gig and cost around 800 UKP (£) - so you can appreciate why I would be reluctant to upgrade!

Besides, after 280 Apps I still have 12+ gig left!

My iPhone 5 has 64 gig and cost around 800 UKP (£) - so you can appreciate why I would be reluctant to upgrade!

Besides, after 280 Apps I still have 12+ gig left!

280 apps? Wow. I thought my 80 apps was too many.

Thanks

I understand why this would be a reason to not upgrade, but I worry that new versions include security updates that really ought to be installed. I always try to stay up to date on updates in either iOS or Windows, unless one comes along that's known to cause problems. It's a tough call.

I've considered that. But unless something horrific comes along, I'll chance it. Many of what they call "security updates" are jailbreak patches.

...but now, owing to Apple throttling the speed on older iPhones, I now have a 256gig iPhone X

...but now, owing to Apple throttling the speed on older iPhones, I now have a 256gig iPhone X

Not on older phones. It is on phones where the battery has bad capacity left.
Time to change battery.

Not on older phones. It is on phones where the battery has bad capacity left.
Time to change battery.

Well - it certainly appeared to affect my old iPhone 5 ☹️ and that is why I went for an iPhone X.