What's new

2G Iphone help

capahoe

Reaction score
Have the first gen iPhone I let my kid play with. Recently I decided I was going to take it back and JB it and have another toy. I plugged it into iTunes to do a restore and now the phone has the plug into iTunes screed on it. I've tried starting it in DFU mode and tgat didn't work. How can I get it working again

I did that, several times same outcome, plug into iTunes screen on the phone.

Haha, should have told you what I had tried already. I did that as well.
Plugged phone in, did restore & update. It did its thing for a while then restarts and the iTunes icon is in the phone. Attempted several times, switched computers tried a few more times. Same outcome.

I have not, I'll give that a shot. Thanks

Hmm, well I gave it a shot but redsn0w said it wasn't supported or something along those lines. What's the last version available for the original iPhone? I tried downloading some and hitting shift and restore and selecting the file I downloaded but it didn't work either. This is over my skill level (which is low)

I downloaded firmware 1.1.1 to desktop, put phone into DFU mode. Hit shift and restore, selected file and it started restoring. Am I on the right track?

Got error 1602. I'm uninstalling iTunes and redownloading then I'll try same process again.

I thought it was 10.5 but honestly I didn't even look before I uninstalled. It's almost done installing

Apple123x said:
Yeah jst whens its done jst do a new Restore DNT press ctrl or nun jst let Itunes restore with the firmware it has

Will do, I'll let ya know what happens

It showed the phone but only gave me the option to eject (after it told me it was unable to access iTunes store, Internet is fine and all that) putting phone into DFU mode and doing regular restore first without hitting shift

Same outcome. Shows iPhone but gives no options. iPhone still showing iTunes logo