What's new

100% my Iphone is hacked... but how?

EntropicSpin

Reaction score
Without going into details that might get me killed, lets just focus on the recent weirdness....
I recently got catfished (I can't think of a better term).
8 years ago though, I was in trouble with some apparent organized crime (a mark) ---
My iphone during those times was obviously leaking mic content, photo content, and assume everything else ---- I saw numbers being dialed I had never stored (as a taunt), and control over my NON JAIL BROKEN phone as if I were using it myself.

Fast forward to the last couple of weeks --- still not jailbroken, I sometimes connect my iphone to my wifi but otherwise have learned to keep it as secure as I understand how --- and yet --- a CRITICAL SMS THREAD that might cause concern, suddenly disappears --- as well as more of my attacker saying things they could ONLY know if they had access to my private iphone data / mic data.

Questions: (Decade long questions)
- Is there some darknet software that gives undetectable access to an iphone with just a phone number? -What's the name of this software?
-Is there anyway to STOP this intrusion?
-Is there anyway to detect I am being hacked?
-Is there some way to TOTALLY secure an iphone to have near 100% peace of mind <---- ****

I have a decent amount of tech knowledge ---- but it seems like no matter what I do, they always regain access or have access and I just can't go on living life wondering if I am in privacy, or wide open.
TY for any advice.... -Entro

What you’re describing cannot be done to an iPhone, jail broken or not, without the other party having had physical access to your iPhone. iOS does not allow that kind of access to an iPhone. Even the FBI can’t access your iPhone in that manner.

Ok then... lets assume it HAS been physically accessed. How can I find the hidden app that is giving remote control? (Thank you for reply... and I highly doubt your theory about the FBI --- REF, Snowden leaks.)

Get rid of the phone, buy 20 or so burner phones and use one at a time until you think it is compromised then use the next. Don't give ANYONE your number for ANY of these. Do not go to sleep or they will get into where you live and gain access to your phone. Move to Wyoming or Montana, live in a cabin and DO NOT interact with anyone. Do not go on the internet and never use a credit card again.

Other than that I'm not sure anyone here can help with this...

I agree, if I was that worried the only solution I can think of is new phone, new number. Heck used iPhones are cheap right now with the new ones coming out.

If only you could see what I've seen --- I'm telling you guys the truth, this phone is wide open and not jail broken. (Funny comments though).

If only you could see what I've seen --- I'm telling you guys the truth, this phone is wide open and not jail broken. (Funny comments though).
The only problem is that what you're describing is not possible with an iPhone under any circumstances.

I understand... I've been puzzled by it a long time too..... but with an impending legal situation, why does a critical thread SMS suddenly disappear and can't even be found with a backup program? ---- Let me ask you this... how can I (I'm not going to wipe, to save evidence) find a hidden keylogger or spyware app? Lets assume its been physically accessed, thats possible.

I understand... I've been puzzled by it a long time too..... but with an impending legal situation, why does a critical thread SMS suddenly disappear and can't even be found with a backup program? ---- Let me ask you this... how can I (I'm not going to wipe, to save evidence) find a hidden keylogger or spyware app? Lets assume its been physically accessed, thats possible.
If your iPhone has not been jailbroken then it has not been hacked nor have any spyware apps been installed.
BTW, which iOS version is currently on your iPhone? The latest jailbreak that has been released is for iOS 10.2.1.

For real - perform an encrypted backup of your phone now. Next restore the phone as a new phone, as Scifan said this will clear EVERYTHING from the phone, it will be exactly as it was on the day you bought it except the newest iOS - pure and untouched will be on it. Do not restore from your backup, keep it as evidence if needed.

You will have to set up networks, email, install any programs you need again etc.

Settings --- General --- IOS 11.0.1 ? Does that sound right? And my messages are set to keep FOREVER --- but I am as sure as rain as wet, the thread was DELETED remotely (there was a taunt to confirm as much) and also ---- Some of the things my assailants know could only be known by listening to phone calls / messages.

How can I confirm if I am jailbroken in some sneaky way, and do not realize it? Surely I can't update IOS if I am jailbroken, and I am able to...

Consider this... my PC (now clean as far as I can tell, although I detected and removed a high level Trojan tonight)... perhaps it is communicating via USB to my Iphone and pulling data?

Settings --- General --- IOS 11.0.1 ? Does that sound right? And my messages are set to keep FOREVER --- but I am as sure as rain as wet, the thread was DELETED remotely (there was a taunt to confirm as much) and also ---- Some of the things my assailants know could only be known by listening to phone calls / messages.

How can I confirm if I am jailbroken in some sneaky way, and do not realize it? Surely I can't update IOS if I am jailbroken, and I am able to...
There's NO JAILBREAK for iOS 11.0.1