What's new

Pissed off iMac

shunt

Reaction score
I have an iMac that I’ve had for about 10ish years that doesn’t have much use besides family pictures stuff like that. My computer was working just fine a week ago. When I turned my computer on it “forced” me to upgrade before I could do anything. After a week of being in download mode I took it to the Apple Store. Oh, ya it’s not going to turn on, this computer is fairly old. Regardless of how old it is, it was working a week ago. He says, “well you’ve gotten some pretty good use out of it!” Seriously? Now it was fed the Apple upgrade/poison so now my computer no longer works at all, I’ve lost all my family picture etc. I told the guy Apple forces people to buy new products based on their upgrades. He says that’s not necessarily true while in the same conversation we no longer support the iPhone 8. So because I downloaded “forcefully” I no longer have a computer or any of my information. Gosh I think I’ll go buy another Apple product!! I asked him how long my iPad and my iPhone were going to work? I’m sure it’s right after it’s paid for!! Is this legal??

The only way your iMac would have updated itself is if you had chosen to have updates downloaded and installed automatically. The Apple Store couldn’t have helped you as they no longer offer any support for computers as old as yours is.
If you have another computer you could try removing the hard drive from your iMac and connect it to another computer to see if you can access the files and data on it.