What's new

Youtube

arashpit

Reaction score
Youtube is so slow, either by Safari or the App. I can not almost see any clip >1min or so!!

Youtube is so slow, either by Safari or the App. I can not almost see any clip >1min or so!!

Do you mean that playback keeps halting? This is a buffering problem caused by an Internet connection with insufficient bandwidth to properly stream the video content and is not a YouTube problem.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

I can sit my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 to watch the same video on YouTube and the iPhone 5 will hang up while the iPad 2 plays it flawless.

I can sit my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 to watch the same video on YouTube and the iPhone 5 will hang up while the iPad 2 plays it flawless.

There's probably a WiFi reception problem with the iPhone 5, then. Are you on the latest iOS version, iOS 6.1? If not, update and try YouTube again. If it still doesn't work properly, you may want to make a Genius appointment at an Apple store. If it's a software issue, they should be able to help solve it. If it's a hardware problem, they'll exchange it for free under the warranty. If you do take your phone in, make sure to do a full backup in iTunes before you go. If you receive another phone, you can set it up from the backup you made.

scifan57 said:
There's probably a WiFi reception problem with the iPhone 5, then. Are you on the latest iOS version, iOS 6.1? If not, update and try YouTube again. If it still doesn't work properly, you may want to make a Genius appointment at an Apple store. If it's a software issue, they should be able to help solve it. If it's a hardware problem, they'll exchange it for free under the warranty. If you do take your phone in, make sure to do a full backup in iTunes before you go. If you receive another phone, you can set it up from the backup you made.

No wifi problem at all with the iPhone, except when trying to watch YouTube. I never have a problem with Vimeo, so it's odd to say the least.

I think there is some problem with you internet connection. speed will be slow that's why your youtube is very slow..

I think flash player is missing on those browsers. Try Opera Mini, it loads videos quickly.

Do you mean that playback keeps halting? This is a buffering problem caused by an Internet connection with insufficient bandwidth to properly stream the video content and is not a YouTube problem.

No its not play back. I don't have trouble with my laptop. Clips are slow with lots of stops both in Safari and youtube apps.

I think flash player is missing on those browsers. Try Opera Mini, it loads videos quickly.

I have tried that. Many clips are not supported and its not convenient. U can not access ur channels and highlighted vids. I think you tube has a problem on iOs. I have an iPhone 4 and iPad2 both are slow. My roommate has iPhone 5, she has problem too!

No wifi problem at all with the iPhone, except when trying to watch YouTube. I never have a problem with Vimeo, so it's odd to say the least.

I think you tube has a problem on iOs. I have an iPhone 4 and iPad2 both are slow. My roommate has iPhone 5, she has problem too!

I think you tube has a problem on iOs. I have an iPhone 4 and iPad2 both are slow. My roommate has iPhone 5, she has problem too!

Also my laptop works well which essentially rules out wifi problem

Our lap tops work well. It excludes wifi streaming issues. I think youtube format is somehow incompatible with iOS that needs to be revised. It was good with the first app that was installed by apple on all iPhones/iPads.

I have the last iOS. Our lap tops work well. It excludes wifi streaming issues. I think youtube format is somehow incompatible with iOS that needs to be revised. It was good with the first app that was installed by apple on all iPhones/iPads.