What's new

Youtube video downloader

mukul

Reaction score
Please let me know what youtube video downloader app is most suitable for iphone 4s. I want a free version and not pro.

mukul said:
Please let me know what youtube video downloader app is most suitable for iphone 4s. I want a free version and not pro.

ProTube is the best one.

But the only way to download YouTube videos for free on your iPhone is to install "Safari Download Enabler".

After that is installed...you have to load YouTube through Safari. Once you load the page of the video you want to download, tap and hold on the white play button.
Then tap "Download Linked File".

The YouTube video will then download in a new page.

You will need iFile to access it. Pretty crazy to not have iFile installed on a jailbroken device anyway...it's a necessity for jailbroken devices.

Once video is downloaded...you can tap "Open in iFile" or (Open in....) and tap "Paste". In which case it will paste to var/mobile/Documents.

If you have to paste..then open iFile and navigate to var/mobile/Documents.

The video will be saved there...along with anything else you download from Safari.

But as I said...this only allows YT videos to be downloaded from Safari.

To download high quality YouTube videos...then ProTube is the best.

I suppose there is YourTube too....but I cannot recommend it, as it has never worked for me since they day I bought years ago.