What's new

YouTube app updated - it's horrible...

zstairlessone

Reaction score
The YouTube app updated automatically today and I hate it. The Apple TV is different than iOS devices in not having a backup ability in iTunes which means I don't have a copy of the older version. Does anyone know how to get it back?

Please don't try to convince me I will like it more or that it is a better app, it's not and I won't. I don't want to put my 4K back in the box in the closet (I've already unplugged it) but that's where it's going if I can't downgrade YouTube on it.

Right now I am very angry at Apple for turning the automatic app update feature on in the last update without a large and unmissable notification. Even using my iPhone right now has me upset and feeling dirty.

I guess no solution for this, my 4K is now in the box and has been unceremoniously tossed (not placed) into the closet. A first for any Apple device.

Sadly I won't as I've put my Apple TV 4K back in the box and it is now somewhere in the closet after tossing it in there. I have no desire to look for it either.

Sadly I won't as I've put my Apple TV 4K back in the box and it is now somewhere in the closet after tossing it in there. I have no desire to look for it either.

Isn't there a lot you can do with the Apple TV other than YouTube?

Isn't there a lot you can do with the Apple TV other than YouTube?

Yes, but that's what I have iPads for. I used my 4K for watching YouTube on the TV with headphones in the bedroom. My old Apple TV 3 is still hooked up to the living room TV for NetFlix only. It is trouble free and will stay there until it finally fails.

I'd give it another try before giving up. No one likes change, but change is inevitable.

The changes are much better and are consistent across other platforms now.