What's new

Your very first Mobile/Cell phone

My first mobile phone was a Sidekick 3, loved it, but I moved to a Sidekick LX (larger screen) the next year. I moved to Android (htc G1) just before Danger (the manufacturer of the Sidekick operating system) became a subsidiary of Microsoft. In January of 2012 I moved to iOS (iPhone 4S) and have been a happy camper ever since.

My first mobile phone was a Sidekick 3, loved it, but I moved to a Sidekick LX (larger screen) the next year. I moved to Android (htc G1) just before Danger (the manufacturer of the Sidekick operating system) became a subsidiary of Microsoft. In January of 2012 I moved to iOS (iPhone 4S) and have been a happy camper ever since.
I don't remember Sidekick, I don't think we had them here, It was mainly Nokia back then, They had the lions share of the market, I think the strong point was how easy to use they were.

This was my first phone! I used it on boost mobile for 1 year, then got with Verizon when I turned 18!

y7ahaduh.jpg

I don't remember Sidekick, I don't think we had them here, It was mainly Nokia back then, They had the lions share of the market, I think the strong point was how easy to use they were.

The Sidekick line was exclusive to T-Mobile. That line kinda died just after Microsoft took over Danger, Inc.

DING! DING! DING! My first phone was a bag phone from Sam's Club in 1991 or 1992. It had an antenna that you stuck to the windshield with suction cups and plugged into the cigarrette lighter. I also bought an inverter at Radio Shack and put a cigarrette lighter adapter on it so I could use the phone in the house. Ahhhh, the good old days...
I think my first "real" phone was the Nokia 232 in 1995 or so. I loved Nokia back then, they could do nothing wrong as far as I was concerned.

I was another Bag Phone user for my first phone in 1998. I had the antenna that stuck on the trunk and I had to always take it with me when I went out with friends. 2014 take your car charger 1998 don't forget your external antenna!!! LOL! Then a few years later I got my first handheld ... The yellow Nokia in the picture.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iPF.net

Attachments

• $image-3448895088.jpg
    $image-3448895088.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 547
The Nokia was first in 2004. Then a small LG flip. Then in 2009 an LG Chocolate 3. My first smartphone was the iPhone 4 in January of 2012. Then the iPhone 5 in August of 2013. Here's the Nokia and the LG Chocolate 3:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403316366.723127.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5

The Nokia was first in 2004. Then a small LG flip. Then in 2009 an LG Chocolate 3. My first smartphone was the iPhone 4 in January of 2012. Then the iPhone 5 in August of 2013. Here's the Nokia and the LG Chocolate 3:
View attachment 16069

Sent from from my iPhone 5

I've sported the LG chocolate slider and flip! I liked how thin the flip was, but it tore up on me constantly. The chocolate slider with the iPod knock off spin pad was my favorite non smartphone!