What's new

xbox one or ps4?

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is any one going to pre order any of these consoles?

I recently pre ordered the ps4 with extra controller plus two games, assassins creed, but it seems they are very expensive to pre order the games, over £50 :/ am going to buy two games then wait for them to become cheaper lol..

possibly the xbox one as well from amazon.

dualshock_system.jpg

xbox-one.jpg

X1 all the way bro. :)

You know forum foundry added a Xbox one forum, right?

www.Xboxoneforums.net

never knew that no,

Ive always bought the sony myself but I did have the xbox at some stage, ill either just buy the ps4 or both myself. was kind of hoping for more then 500GB space only like 2TB or more.

Also its a shame it will still use dvds and not all digital downloads for all games, I know some games you can purchase the full thing like I did with sonic 4 but it would be good to abolish the dvd completely.

Neither, PC all the way.

But if I had to choose Id go PS4. Xbox so far has dropped the ball on X1 with all the service changes.

Neither, PC all the way.

But if I had to choose Id go PS4. Xbox so far has dropped the ball on X1 with all the service changes.

main thing I like about pc gaming is the ability to manipulate files and cheat, other then that I would never go out and buy a controller for a desktop and game, got a few simple game son my mac such as kotor or snooker though lol

This will be the first generation of console gaming I have ever skipped since the birth of console gaming itself. Yes, my first two consoles were the Magnavox Odyssey and Pong. And I have always owned at least two consoles from each of the last seven generations. Allow me to explain why I am now skipping.

Sony failed me with the PS3 after they shutdown of their online service for 22 days. This caused 5 of my purchased games to quit working. And it wasn't because they were online only games. It was because the games couldn't call home. That's right. They quit working because Sony's network was down. Think I have turned on the PS3 4 times since that happened.

Nintendo failed me with the Wii. It was a GREAT machine when I had kids living at home but as an adult, their online game presence was a nightmare to maintain or use compared to Xbox Live.

Microsoft failed me with the Xbox One. Their digital rights management scheme was a failure the second it was conceived. They did not learn from Sony's mistake. Yes, I realize that they have reversed this policy, but the damage is already done. They have shown what they want and plan to do in the future and I will have not have them use my money to further their goal which is counter to my rights as a consumer.

You may skip the rest of this post if you are not interested in what the future of gaming holds if Microsoft should ever get its way.

Microsoft wants to LICENSE you each game you purchase. Let me explain why this is BAD. If you buy a disc based game for the XBox, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Dreamcast, etc, they have no legal right to tell you what you can do with that disc. You may at anytime play it, lend it or sell it. Even if their is a court case that makes the game illegal to sell through retail channels, they CAN NOT revoke your right to play the game you have legally purchased.

But a LICENSED game using DRM changes your legal rights INSTANTLY. That means Microsoft can now legally revoke your license and you can no longer play your legally purchased game. And Microsoft DOES NOT EVEN HAVE TO REFUND YOUR PURCHASE PRICE when they revoke your ability to play the game. That's right. You no longer own the game you are playing. Someone else does. And they can take it away. Even if you spent a million dollars on it. Think you are scared now, keep reading.

Scenario One: Xbox Live becomes largest hacker target in history when every Xbox One can become a brick when it can't connect for 24 hours. You don't think someone will pull it off? Yeah, they said DVDs and Blurays couldn't be decrypted too.....

Scenario Two: Xbox Live Arcade game becomes delisted due to loss of product license (you can actually look up how many games this has already happened to on the 360). Legal license holder takes matter to court due to software publisher not paying licensing fee. Court sides with license holder and says game is no longer legally playable. Microsoft is instructed by the court to deactivate the game. You can no longer play the XBLA game. This SAME exact scenario applies to Disc based games as well. And you can also look up how many disc based 360 games can no longer be sold because of similar issues.

Scenario Three: Xbox One game retailer has a rogue employee that goes nuts. Employee starts logging games that haven't been purchased as already purchased or games that have been purchased as sold back. Suddenly you can't play the game you have the disc for because the license has been revoked by a third party source. Good luck getting that straightened out in less than a week.

That is the future of gaming should MS, the developers and publishers get their way. Tell me how this is a good thing.

if I wa sin your shoes I would probably do the same but I dont really online game, just offline (shock) ;p im probably the only offline gamer left in existence.

The Xbox One may be the last console from MS that can play games without an internet connection. Which means your days of playing offline could end in less than 8 years.

Also, if you are not aware, that the Xbox One will require a patch after you plug it in. Because if you don't you won't be able to play games offline after 24 hours.

The Xbox One may be the last console from MS that can play games without an internet connection. Which means your days of playing offline could end in less than 8 years.

Also, if you are not aware, that the Xbox One will require a patch after you plug it in. Because if you don't you won't be able to play games offline after 24 hours.

my ps3 is always connected I just never play in online mode :)

my son still plays offline.

good to know im not the only one lol most people think im weird playing offline only

Earlier this month, I purchased a PS3 for my grandson. My Wii died which really disappointed me. I do not think we had more that 100 hours of use on the Wii. I hope the PS3 is better.

Earlier this month, I purchased a PS3 for my grandson. My Wii died which really disappointed me. I do not think we had more that 100 hours of use on the Wii. I hope the PS3 is better.

was tempted to buy the blue slim ps3 but I was really hoping sony would come up with more then 500gb models

was tempted to buy the blue slim ps3 but I was really hoping sony would come up with more then 500gb models

I know you can hook an external hard drive to the Xbox One. I'm sure an external 3TB HHD would be cheaper than anything Microsoft would throw in or offer as an expansion. :)