What's new

Wrong Video & Photo Counts

jen724

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 with 8.1.1. When I go to Settings>General>About it shows 12 videos and 88 photos. I actually have 0 videos and 4 photos, and have never had anywhere near that many. I don't care about the wrong counts, but wonder if memory is being allocated to stuff I don't have. ???

PS: Song and App counts appear to be correct.

Settings - General - About counts every video in your video app; this includes music videos as well as TV shows. It also counts every photo in your Photos app - in the Albums tab: Camera Roll, PhotoStream and Recently Deleted, as well as every album you created.

Settings - General - About counts every video in your video app; this includes music videos as well as TV shows. It also counts every photo in your Photos app - in the Albums tab: Camera Roll, PhotoStream and Recently Deleted, as well as every album you created.

Thanks J.A., but it must be something else. I am a very light user. I've never, ever created or downloaded a video, my video app shows 0, and my photo app shows the same thing as my camera roll - 4 photos.

In this case, first try to reset your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Also restart it (turn off and on again), maybe this will help.

If this doesn't change the situation, restore it using iTunes on your computer. Make sure iTunes is up to date, backup your device and restore it. Use the backup to set it up again. Afterwards reset it, using the method I described.

Last edited:
In this case, first try to reset your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Also restart it (turn off and on again), maybe this will help.

If this doesn't change the situation, restore it using iTunes on your computer. Make sure iTunes is up to date, backup your device and restore it. Use the backup to set it up again. Afterwards reset it, using the method I described.

Tried "reset" - that didn't work. Will backup as soon as I get a chance. Thanks again.