What's new

World phone???

Omarsafadi

Reaction score
i just want to make sure what the mean by world phone.. it is always factory unlocked for all carriers around the world???

I live in Lebanon my carrier is MTC-touch Lebanon... and no we don't even have an apple retailer in here..

one more thing.. if they are locked will gevey work on the new device or i must wait until they come up with a solution?

It doesn't matter if they are factory locked or unlocked, they are world phones because they can run CDMA and GSM system at the same time. So say you are with Verizon which doesn't use sim cards, when you travel to France China England, you can use the same iPhone you were using on Verizon and just need to insert a sim in it and that's it, compare it to the available iPhones at the moment they either are gsm or are CDMA, so you will need to have 2 phones to be on Verizon and on AT&T, now with 1 iPhone 4S you can be on both networks at the same time.

Great reply bab2010, well explained and you just answered a question thousands will be asking.

bab2010 said:
It doesn't matter if they are factory locked or unlocked, they are world phones because they can run CDMA and GSM system at the same time. So say you are with Verizon which doesn't use sim cards, when you travel to France China England, you can use the same iPhone you were using on Verizon and just need to insert a sim in it and that's it, compare it to the available iPhones at the moment they either are gsm or are CDMA, so you will need to have 2 phones to be on Verizon and on AT&T, now with 1 iPhone 4S you can be on both networks at the same time.

Plus one.

So basically i have to wait until it's released to know if my SIM will work or not... no?
the thing is that i have an factory locked iphone4 now and i'm on GEVEY in order to make my carrier work.. i just though this kind of stuff is no more with the 4S

So basically i have to wait until it's released to know if my SIM will work or not... no?
the thing is that i have an factory locked iphone4 now and i'm on GEVEY in order to make my carrier work.. i just though this kind of stuff is no more with the 4S

If you purchase a factory lock to AT&T iPhone 4S then I guess you will not be able to use other sim on it unless you use tools like Gevey. But you will be able to use any country CDMA net work without trouble.
If you buy a factory lock to Verizon iPhone 4S then my guess is that you will not be able any other CDMA network except Verizon but you will be able to use any GSM sim card on the phone anywhere in the world.

Actually you cannot use a CDMA network unless Apple has an agreement with that specific network. If you take a Verizon phone today it does not work anywhere else...