What's new

Wont sync? wont charge via USB? HELP!!!

4wheeldeal

Reaction score
Jail broken 4s will not Sync vic USB, will not charge using the usb, but only with the AC plug... very odd, cannot back it up cannot install ios6 cannot reinstall anything!!!! Its a damn paper weight, so can anyone help or point me to a place that can help???

What did you or the device do before it was in this state

I did update to 5.1.1 jail break, thats about it. But that was at least a few days in advance. Its been like this for about two months now. Works great, I just can't Sync or charge it using the USB, I can't update it until I can connect to itunes so its suck the way it is at the moment and driving me nutts.

Can anything be done in safemode? Is there a way to factory reset it so I can start over?

Did you install anything in particular that you remember before it started happening? Does your computer recognize it at all? In recovery or DFU mode?

not that I can think of, pdanet I think I installed around then... its been removed. Computer doesn't do anything. I've had it in safe mode connect but thats it, how do you get it in the other modes? I'll try it now..

Wait, if you're in safe mode and you connect it to your computer does it recognize it more or less? Open up RedSn0w and on the main screen after connecting your iPhone, see if there's anything about your iPhone directly under the extras button

I used absinthe, I did just download redsn0w and tried to get it in DFU mode, it popped up that it was installing apple usb drivers...

edit, got it to work in dfs mode, itunes reconized it and I'm doing a restore and I'll be able to figure things out from there. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: