What's new

WINDOWS Jailbreak For iPhone 4S & iPad 2 RELEASED! Greenpois0n Absinthe 5.0 & 5.0.1

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

WINDOWS iPHONE 4S & iPAD 2 JAILBREAK RELEASED!

The Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is FINALLY OUT! The NEW Greenpois0n Absinthe Jailbreak was just released and is vey easy to use. The simple process requires you to connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer and just hit the "Jailbreak" button. After it goes through the entire process, you just have to open up the new "Absinthe" application which will appear on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Once it loads completely, your device will reboot and you should have Cydia Installed on your device! That's all there is to it!

Do take note that many people are attempting to Jailbreak currently so you might have to keep trying to access the website and/or application! JUST KEEP TRYING!

Linux Version COMING SOON!

Download Links:
Absinthe v0.2 (Windows) Download Here:
absinthe-win-0.2.zip
Absinthe v0.1.2-2 (Mac) Download Here:
absinthe-mac-0.1.2-2.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me , but from what i saw on youtube to jailbreak its not hard .. but then again i dont need fancy apps or games
so im not sure if i should do it or not

Same for me , but from what i saw on youtube to jailbreak its not hard .. but then again i dont need fancy apps or games
so im not sure if i should do it or not

Yeah it looks easy enough but Im worried about bricking my phone. I know some say jailbreaking wont brick your phone but Im still skeptical.

Just finished JB my Iphone 4s, can't believe how easy it was and under 5 minutes, now on to my Ipad2.

Hi,

Its very easy to JB.. I just did it for my IPad 2 but the problem is facetime and photo Booth icons turned to white after jail breaking. Any solution
for this..any advice???

kozal01 said:
X2, Im considering this but Im new to jailbreaking and iPhones all together. Im a bit reluctant.

I'm not new to iPhones, but I am hesitant as well. I will have to thoroughly do research on the latest jailbreak if I will try it. I don't want to mess anything up and void out my Apple care+ plan.

chikichisi said:
Hi,

Its very easy to JB.. I just did it for my IPad 2 but the problem is facetime and photo Booth icons turned to white after jail breaking. Any solution
for this..any advice???

That's another thing I was wondering about. Will jail-breaking cause the stock iOS apps not to work properly, or any app from the app store?

lol when I heard the Windows version was out I just downloaded and went for it - never occurred to me that anyone was hesitant. I have been messing around with Cydia and such for hours now.

If you haven't done this yet, trust me. It's quick and quite literally could NOT be easier. No muss, no fuss - just quick and easy. Go forth and jailbreak :)

Take care,
Rob

I just used this. Second JB, least one was for a 3GS and was slightly more complicated. SOOOOO EASY!!!!!!! And well worth it. Definately recommend!!!!

Question. So I am getting an iphone 4s for ATT because I can get that free through a friend. But I have a sprint contract, with this jailbreak because the iphone 4s is a world phone I should be able to hook it up to my sprint service correct?

thank you for any information you can give me on this

how do i download ? every icon i press in cdyda it says cannot locate package
i have some sources installed but that aint helping. if i try to install other sources i get the same message . cannot locate package