What's new

Windows GUI version of Absinthe available for download

Jmills87

Reaction score
Here is Absinthe version 0.2 for Windows users - absinthe-win-0.2.zip

For Mac users, Absinthe has also been updated to 0.2 which is supposed to fix the issues where you would need to enable VPN to get the webclip to work. If you are already jailbroken there is no point in using the new version, this is only for people who have yet to jailbreak - absinthe-mac-0.2.zip

question for you: my windows computer with my itunes account is out of commission (waitin on the new adapter to come in the mail) and i am now on another windows computer. can i jailbreak my iphone 4s without running itunes? i have the chronic-dev absinthe dowloaded but didnt know if i needed itunes to recognize my phone to do this. backing it up isnt an issue since its practically brand new. i have just read so many of these comments from the mac gui and windows cli, and now the windows gui, its all running together.

Here is Absinthe version 0.2 for Windows users - absinthe-win-0.2.zip

For Mac users, Absinthe has also been updated to 0.2 which is supposed to fix the issues where you would need to enable VPN to get the webclip to work. If you are already jailbroken there is no point in using the new version, this is only for people who have yet to jailbreak - absinthe-mac-0.2.zip

JMills the install of absinth stays at the "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while". Doesnt move or anything for over 30min. I wonder whats going on

I'm at the very first window where it says plug in your iPhone 4s or iPad 2 to begin, but the jailbreak button is grayed out. how do i get it to let me click on it?

Last edited:
FactoryPlus said:
JMills the install of absinth stays at the "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while". Doesnt move or anything for over 30min. I wonder whats going on

I'm having the same issue. Did you get past this point

If it doesnt get past "Beginning jailbreak" then you need to restore. It's always best to jailbreak after a fresh restore.

If it doesnt get past "Beginning jailbreak" then you need to restore. It's always best to jailbreak after a fresh restore.

so you

Factory Restore
Jailbreak then Restore from Backup ?

Cause I did a restore from backup and its still doing the same thing that it stays in the same spot for a very long time like 45 min I have waited and nothing doesnt move from that location

I have done factory restore then finally after seeing progress and blue bar more then halfway through it said the program encountered error and shut down. Now when I reopen and click jailbreak it says "look like your attemp to jailbreak failed. Will fix". Then it says " recovery completed, if u want to try jail breaking unplug your device then plug in". I keep getting same message every time I unplug and replug in. Any help please. Going crazy here. Ty

Jluge2615 said:
I have done factory restore then finally after seeing progress and blue bar more then halfway through it said the program encountered error and shut down. Now when I reopen and click jailbreak it says "look like your attemp to jailbreak failed. Will fix". Then it says " recovery completed, if u want to try jail breaking unplug your device then plug in". I keep getting same message every time I unplug and replug in. Any help please. Going crazy here. Ty

Hi, do a restore/setup as new like the post above says, and also reboot your pc and right click Absinthe and run as administrator.
Might wanna try The reboot/run as admin before you restore