What's new

Will the iPhone screen remain at 4" diagnal for the next couple of iPhones?

pego99

Reaction score
I remember reading that apple was determined that the phone width would not exceed the present size because it must fit in the hand.
I can't see how apple can remain at 4" when the samsung galaxy s4 will have very likely have a 5" screen and most other android phones have screens in excess of 4"

That's up to Apple. I mean they can change it back and forth. Just look at the nano. It's gone through a good 4-5 different screen size change. Keeping the form factor the same makes the job easier

I truly hope the width does stay the same for my own preferences. The taller screen is nice but to have it wider would take me out of the next upgrade race.

pego99 said:
I remember reading that apple was determined that the phone width would not exceed the present size because it must fit in the hand.
I can't see how apple can remain at 4" when the samsung galaxy s4 will have very likely have a 5" screen and most other android phones have screens in excess of 4"

A screen that is too wide won't be comfortable to hold for small-handed people. Apple has a little leeway there, but not much.

Someone told me that, at one time, Apple felt a 7 inch iPad would never happen.. and we now have the iPad mini. Never say "never" :)

Someone told me that, at one time, Apple felt a 7 inch iPad would never happen.. and we now have the iPad mini. Never say "never" :)
i agree,one never knows with Apple,they love to keep us guessing.

iPhone 5S you say? Oh you mean the iPad Mini with calling capabilities..... LOL. Holding up a tablet to your head to make a call.

I like typing on the iPhone it's easy as heck!

LOL
It's not too small not at all!
In wouldn't mind a bigger phone but that's why I have 3 lines LOL
Ill have the iPhone share w my daughter yet still grab the NOTE 2!

willerz2 said:
iPhone 5S you say? Oh you mean the iPad Mini with calling capabilities..... LOL. Holding up a tablet to your head to make a call.

I observed a girl holding a Note 2 to her ear to make a call and remember rolling my eyes !!

chunky said:
I observed a girl holding a Note 2 to her ear to make a call and remember rolling my eyes !!

Oh, I bet that was a sight.

I remember when cell phones first came out the one I had was like a small walkie talkie. Next one I got was a "flip phone." Then digital came out and they got smaller and smaller. I think there may have been one that fit on your wrist like Dick Tracey but I'm not certain.

Now the trend is bigger. Strange.

Well I think it might potentially be a good idea. As a New Yorker, there are SOOOO many people that can ONLY talk. They can't multitask. Not even walking while making a call when they have their darn phone to their head. Apple provides you with a pair of earphones people, use them. All the time, people are walking in front of me at the pace of a toddler learning to walk because they have their phone to their head. If they make the phones bigger, they'll think to themselves how foolish it looks holding it to their ear and actually use the earphones for once so they can actually walk while making a call instead of walking in the middle of a sidewalk blocking two way traffic because they're focused on holding the phone rather than focusing on how to walk properly. Sometimes I just facepalm myself when I think about how these people make it this far in life if they can't multitask and endangering the lives of not just themselves but other pedestrians as well...... *rant rant rant*

Thats the ONE thing I was hoping for :-( a bigger phone.
No I don't need an iPad mini I have the iPad normal.
I also have a kindle fire for reading so I say I'm set lol

I'm not leaving apple now the iPhone 4 broke and iPhone 4S is on the way per insurance... Granted its 189$ desuctable but I'm not complaining :) how did that happen? My guess is they stopped making iPhone 4 w more than 8mb.... Shame in a way cause iPhone 4 IS a nice phone...